Death(s) at Fort Hood

More fallout from the Guillen murder case.

'More than a dozen additional disciplinary actions and firings were announced Friday as new information was released about the response to the disappearance and death of Spc. Vanessa Guillen at Fort Hood.

'Gen. Michael X. Garrett, commander of U.S. Army Forces Command, announced 13 officers and noncommissioned officers will be disciplined as a result of an internal Army investigation report.

“I directed this investigation to identify what happened and to find areas where we needed to improve across our command,” Garrett said in a statement. “We can and must hold ourselves accountable, learn and improve across all our Army units. To do any less breaks trust with our people and the American public.”

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The US Army making sure that any mud slung, sticks.

I wonder what the state of morale is in that area of the army. The US don't seem to be worried about talking about mass sackings in the chain of command, and it seems to be a quite regular occurrence.

The US Army making sure that any mud slung, sticks.

I wonder what the state of morale is in that area of the army. The US don't seem to be worried about talking about mass sackings in the chain of command, and it seems to be a quite regular occurrence.

'Pour encourager les autres.' Admiral Byng would be proud.

I thought you might like a visual on the size of a big base like Ft Bliss.

First photo taken at William Beaumont Army Medical Center (I.e. base hospital).
My unit building is off yonder in the distance, if you can make out the really big eight story building next to a water tower dead center, near the horizon, that’s about the right distance (It’s the new base hospital, opens next month)
Note also how the base and the city of El Paso start to overlap. A lot of the buildings you can see are civilian, right next to military. A map should indicate the issue.
D9F95919-4147-4324-AFB0-7BAA8FE4E88F.jpeg

12.2 miles (five on the motorway) and 24 minutes later, I arrived at my company building. Photo #2 going back the other way, the 12-story hospital is barely visible on the lower part of the mountain range, directly above the tree at the end of the road on the right.
2FD1F5DE-EDD4-4540-B5ED-E45680920524.jpeg

Latest Threads