Death Penalty for terrorists

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Lance_Bombardier, Jul 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should terrorists who have been convicted face death? Like the ones recently convicted.

2. I can see the temptation to want to! But I'd say no. The simplest way to explain my reason is that surely it would be better to humiliate them, than give them and those like them a stronger will to become the "Martyrs" they aspire to be anyway?

3. Depends on the form of execution. Make then eat pork before blowing them from the guns, for instance. That'll learn them.

4. You could blow them apart with explosives or you could pour petrol on them and set them ablaze.This would put the terrorists in such a state of fear that it would deter them from carrying out these attacks.

Er........... :?

5. interesting point, can see what you mean there, it could just add fuel to the fire

6. Nope.

Google the following for reasons

Judith Ward

Guildford Four

Birmingham Six

All of the above would have been murdered by the state under your idea.

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And the downside is what, exactly?

8. easter rising 1916 lessions learned?

9. Good point! Lets face it.. public reaction will be to demand a quick resolution to any bombing outrages/attempts so surely there's more scope for a miscarriage of justice in a fast moving enquiry?
    (No offence intended)

10. you become a terroist yourself

11. Killing them wouldn't be terribly PC. Why not give them a British Passport, council house and all the benefits our wounded and injured servicemen can't get because Social Services are a load of lefty, guardian reading cnuts!

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, they didn't rise again did they? They were dead-headed.

13. Nail 'em up. Nail 'em up I say. Nail some sense into 'em.

Hanging would be fine though. I'm all for it. I couldn't give a toss about "encouraging" others. The b*st*rds are already volunteering for it. And those fecktards jailed today didn't look too brave on the Peckham balcony, did they?. Looked to me like the fearless jihadi nipper-valve was flapping a bit.

It's not a game. No second chance, Ali. String them up.

14. If a person is found guilty of terroist activity they should be placed in solitary confinement for the rest of their life. There should be no visits from family or friends and the only book permitted should be their holy scriptures. This would allow them to suffer and to reflect on their actions.

15. They were all fenians so who gives a fcuk!