death or dinner

Ballet skiddies. Broekielace is standard.
 
I'll tell you what, and no kidding around here, you have to be very careful with eating mushrooms...
You see, my friend's first wife died from eating dodgy mushrooms - turned out they were poisonous types.
Then, very tragically his second wife died from a fractured skull - 'twas a terrible business indeed.
Turns out she wouldn't eat the mushrooms...
Taffwob walt
 
Stayed at a small hotel in a small village in the Allgau at the weekend. The hotel restaurant did a marvellous pasta and locally picked "in the forest" mushroom dish - truly memorable.
Next morning gf and I went for a walk in the forest and saw more funghi then we've seen in our lives.

This one particularly made an impression on me....

View attachment 415181

.... as it reminded me of Tintin

View attachment 415182
Fly Agaric. Can be used as a hallucinogenic, but can be poisonous and give you dodgy guts too.

I've read that vikings had beer and fly agaric parties, where they'd drink and eat this mushroom, and all of them would piss in the same bucket.

Then you can drink the piss and get high again; it's meant to be better 2nd time around after it's been filtered through some kidneys.
 
Some of the other funghi we encountered on Sunday morning, all within the space of about 60 sq metres.
Anyone know what's edible here?
View attachment 415243View attachment 415244View attachment 415245View attachment 415246View attachment 415248View attachment 415249View attachment 415251View attachment 415252View attachment 415254View attachment 415255View attachment 415257View attachment 415260

Nothing edible there, the first one is Coral fungus, the Red shiny one probably a Russula, some are edible some are not, second from last is a puffball but too old to be worth eating, the last one could be a Wood Blewitt ( edible ) but probably a Cortinarius ( nasty ).
Nothing edible there, the first one is Coral fungus, the Red shiny one probably a Russula, some are edible some are not, second from last is a puffball but too old to be worth eating, the last one could be a Wood Blewitt ( edible ) but probably a Cortinarius ( nasty ).
 

triggerigger

Old-Salt
I didn't die after my very nice puffball bacon cheese egg feast, it provided 6 large portions. Today's mystery mushroom is blue
_20191008_190123.JPG
 

MrMemory

War Hero
" All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." - Terry Pratchett.
 
Blue roundhead
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top