Death of the Emperor

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by RogueTrooper, Oct 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Some animal rights fascist thinks he didn't have a good rut last year so he shouldn't have been slotted for trying to get his leg over this time around.

He doesn't even dispute the fact the hunter was licenced and everything was above board. So I don't really see what the big deal is.

2. There was me worried about Mong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Not the thread I was expecting.

4. Was a fooking big bugger, wernt he.

5. Wasn't Cuds on the lookout for a trailer recently?

6. I am not in the slightest part of the anti-hunting group.

That said, it sort of goes against the 'aim' of legal hunting to kill the biggest, healthiest stag in the herd, when culling is supposed to thin out the younger smaller stags and/or sick animals.

This is obviously a 'trophy' shot. The fact the stags body is alleged to have just been left doesn't exactly promote the sport either. Many will see it as a pointless killing for fun.

IMHO shooting or hunting is for fun, but it also serves a purpose, and none of my many friends who do hunt would leave a carcass, they would actually use what they have shot. And i have benefitted from their kills on many occasions.

But just my veiw.

Dons helmet and waits for incoming from the 'you don't understand the countryside etc etc' mob, when i probably spend more time out and about in the countryside than most of the country folk do.

7. This was just on the wireless.She said that the body was found shot.
    As above,why stalk(perhaps),shoot the thing,then leave it lying there not even gralloched? Was it so huge yer man couldn't do anything with it?
    It's a pity,I like a nice haunch.

8. Mmmmmm, veal. My chops are slavering.

9. Veal... err no totally wrong animal.

10. Oh dear, didn't think I'd get any bites.:fish:

Wah.

11. Venison is deer, veal is cheaper. (as any fule kno)

12. I also agree with you.

And I've previously shot game, and used animals for neuroscience research (before I moved back to human-based stuff).

13. I've never understood the idea of killing intelligent animals for fun. Did these people never watch Bambi?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I've never understood the idea of killing intelligent animals for fun. Did these people never watch Bambi?

Bambi was mince, Thumper was the real brains of the outfit.