Death of former 3 MI (V) Bn member - Cpl Roy Reeves

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by intli, Mar 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been informed of the death of a former member of 22 Int Coy, 3 MI (V) Bn. Details are below.

Roy was attached to 24 Int Coy, from the Artists in the mid 80's and then joined the Group in 1994 to 1998, with 22 Int Coy, under Mr Boggis Rolfe. Roy was 48 and died of a heart attack a week after his mother died from the same.

Below are the details for the funeral:

Funeral parlour - West & Coe, 372 Parsloes Ave, Dagenham RM9 5QP. 0208 592 2628. Ask for Heather. Can view Roy in the chapel of rest on Thurs & Fri 8/9.03.07 & can send flowers to the funeral parlour for the day of the funeral, or the house as people wish.

Funeral procession will leave the house at 15:30 12.03.07. Funeral to start at 1600 at South Essex Crematorium, Corbetts Tey Rd, Upminster. Service is at the chapel. Roy will be cremated.

If anyone wants to donate to charity, both Roy and his mum died from heart attack and so British Heart Foundation is the preferred charity - Details of how to give in memory of a loved one can be found at:

I have also posted this on the TA Website so any of his former colleagues in 21 could see as well.

2. intli.

Edit Your post. Names, numbers and addresses!!!.
  3. Apologies for being a mong. Have amended post to leave funeral details and taken out his home address/tel no etc
  4. If this is the same Artist, with glasses, who was at Ashford in particular J--O around 93, then he was a fantastic bloke.

I didn't like the corps and the corps didn't particularly like me. But if this is the same chap, he was always friendly and willing to pass on invaluable advice, which was a refreshing change.

If it is the same guy or not, RIP.