Death by Taco - Only in 'murica

Man dies after taco-eating contest in California
A man died shortly after competing in a taco-eating contest at a minor league baseball game in California, authorities said Wednesday.

An autopsy on Hutchings will be done Thursday to determine a cause of death, Botti said. It was not immediately known how many tacos the man had eaten or whether he had won the contest. (!!!)

And it's in the Grauniad!

With half the world hungry Americans think it's good to be a glutton.

Worth a Darwin or did he have sprogs?

A man died shortly after competing in a taco-eating contest at a minor league baseball game in California, authorities said Wednesday.

An autopsy on Hutchings will be done Thursday to determine a cause of death, Botti said. It was not immediately known how many tacos the man had eaten or whether he had won the contest. (!!!)

Will he be cremated, or will they have to refry him ?

There's a Taco Bell opened up a couple of miles from us. Popped in the other week to give it a try. Had a Crunchwrap Supreme meal. It was absolutely lush. I'll be going there again.

Last edited:
From the reports over here, he apparently choked and died as a result.

Last edited:
Proof that you should never try and insert a butt plug whilst in the middle of a taco eating competition

I still don't get the appeal of stuffing your face with as much as possible as a contest...be it burgers, hot dogs, burritos or whatever else....maybe that makes me un-American.

I’ve got 3 burritos for tea tonight. Reckless times.:omfg:
Best burrito I ever had was in Los Lunas, NM. Must have been nigh on 10" long & 3" thick, with one end containing shredded beef & sour cream with fried spuds & the other bacon, egg, fried spuds, refried beans, red & green chile.
Took some eating.
I go here for burritos or huevos rancheros every time I'm in Albuquerque.

I’ve got 3 burritos for tea tonight. Reckless times.:omfg:
I've heard that you bottled it and had a diet coke, instead of a proper full of sugar coke.

Wimp.

Ah yes, only in the evil old USA.

Pot... kettle....black

Tortilla isn't too bad for a London joint...used to grab one on the way home once in a while after a long work day as it was conveniently located in Canary Wharf DLR station.

Stand down, people. He was a resident of Californication. Not considered a real state in the USA these days. That's ironic. A guy chokes to death eating tacos in a state that has been partially reclaimed by Mexico. And I'll bet they weren't even real Mexican tacos - just that muck that Taco Bell serves up.

Latest Threads