Death by smoking

BiscuitsAB

LE
in the Uk according to current TV adverts there are 2000 smoking related deaths a year.

Smoking is bad terribly bad and it kills you.

Except that there were 611800 deaths in the UK in 2004.

so by my reckoning thats around 0.33% of the annual death toll that can be contributed in some way to smoking.

looks like another government con for the masses.

scrofula said:
The only fags that are guaranteed to kill you are American ones. They get terrifically jealous then buy a Colt and stalk you.
This is from personal experience?

More on thread. About 4 years ago I had a full medical check-up. Doctor said, You, Scrof, are one in 5000 people, you are likely to be able to smoke to your heart's content without ever meeting the Grim Reaper vis a vis tobacco. I said Got a light?

There are many cases where people who have given up smoking have died as a result. I cite the case where many gave it up and saved the money they would have spent for something special. They booked a flight on Concorde - and it crashed. So giving up smoking killed them.

scrofula said:
happybonzo said:
scrofula said:
The only fags that are guaranteed to kill you are American ones. They get terrifically jealous then buy a Colt and stalk you.
This is from personal experience?
Nah, I pack a Glock!
I can't imagine what use a curtain rod* would be to you when there is a rampant bandit out to plunder your starfish

History
Founded in 1963,[1] Glock started out as a manufacturer of curtain rods

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, me and the good lady are giving up on Sunday. Been to the doctor; said give us some drugs to help us give up the drugs (Champex - methadone for smokers), as we've tried every other alternative remedy including acupuncture (got stabbed up), aversion therapy (did crack for a while), herbal alternatives (got arrested), sleep therapy (sleep-smoked), hypnososis (how was I to know I was robbing a bank for the cnut - I was under officer), patches (got completely off me t!ts before falling over in a swoon and breaking my nose, before vomiting all over myself and nearly choking on it - not nice them patches), inhalers (increased, not decreased my addiction, although I DID smell nicer), smoking pens instead (got ink poisoning) and now we're trying this.

Helps that we're skint of course. We'll be saving the money to pay for a holiday - but not flying on concorde, and we'll be following the green cross code when crossing the road.

I must say though that those Nicorettes are bloody handy when it comes to a long haul flight, especially in combination with liberal g n t's, ice and a slice and can I see your panties stewardess?