Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Death by Powerpoint *The horror... The horror*

Powerwhat?

The most technologically 'advanced' class Ive been in so far always seems to involve some guy flipping over a well worn chart with barely legible writing.

It is always outdoor, and it always seems to be raining.

I dont know!! the fecking kids of today dont know when they were born etc etc etc....

death by vu foil, powerpoint is a fecking luxury!! a quick few taps on your keyboard and hey presto professional presentation.....I remember spending fecking hours with letraset on vu foil acetates... to find I'd made a spelling mistake ARRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!

GDav said:
Nothing like Vu Foil and chinagraph pencil. Nothing wrong with a blackboard either.

Take the right notes and you're on a winner anyway, regardless of the medium.

Of course there was always the ubiquitous Gestetner for copying precis for the course. I suppose there has to be some thanks given for modern technology.

Fcuk me - having a flashback :highfive:

What was the name of the machine thingy that allowed you to project pages of books onto the wall via a mirror? And the red, awful smelling stuff for masking out errors on the skins used for repro of Part 1 Orders (on paper certified as too tough for a Pikey's arrse)?

Hi-tech my arrse!

jaybee2786 said:
O.H.P. over head projector

No jaybeez it wasnt. This machine allowed you to place the book face down on the machine and have he reflection of the page appear on the screen (white sheet, wall etc).

And if you turned the OHP bulbs over when the OHP was switched on the bulbs went - and there were never any spares.

rickshaw-major said:
jaybee2786 said:

No jaybeez it wasnt. This machine allowed you to place the book face down on the machine and have he reflection of the page appear on the screen (white sheet, wall etc).

And if you turned the OHP bulbs over when the OHP was switched on the bulbs went - and there were never any spares.

Fcuk me I'm talking Pidgin English - how did that happen :headbang:

rickshaw-major said:
jaybee2786 said:

Rickshaw

Do you mean the Epidiascope (no I'm not making up names, see link below).

www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/pp...diascopes/Braun_Paxiscope_XL_Epidiascope.html

Got to agree with most posters Powerpoint is so much easier then spending all night trying to get vu-foils sorted. Still prefer a stretched ground-sheet and chalk but then I'm just oldfashioned.

At least when powerpoint breaks down (or the DS can't find the right slideshow) you can always watch funny videos off t'interweb. It helps maintain consciousness, I find.

Especially angry kid shorts. "Dad, what's a buttplug?"

rebel_with_a_cause said:
rickshaw-major said:
jaybee2786 said:

Rickshaw

Do you mean the Epidiascope (no I'm not making up names, see link below).

www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/pp...diascopes/Braun_Paxiscope_XL_Epidiascope.html

Got to agree with most posters Powerpoint is so much easier then spending all night trying to get vu-foils sorted. Still prefer a stretched ground-sheet and chalk but then I'm just oldfashioned.

RWAC - that is INDEED what it was - fcuks sake can use smell stale p1ss from the posters on this thread? :highfive:

Edited to add - obviously the models we used were ot quite so digital :brilsmurf: