Dear Governor Blagojevich

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Yank_Lurker, Dec 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (Seen elsewhere on the interweb):

"I am interested in the US Senate seat recently vacated by our President-Elect. I will be moving to Illinois shortly to establish residency. Am willing to trade one 1982 Toyota pickup (still running), 3 Jose Canseco rookie cards, and an original Marilyn Monroe Playboy centerfold. Please reply to"

Meanwhile, Hopenchange remains stonily silent regarding their involvement....even the LA Times is starting to ask questions.

Me, I'm popping some popcorn and enjoying the show. The American people wanted the Chicago Machine in the White House, they're gonna get it in spades.
  2. Dear Yank_Lurker,

get a life.
  3. Dear Jupiter, if political corruption doesn't bother you, get a clue.
  4. It does me - this fecker is so corrupt he might even embarrass politicians this side of the Pond (i.e. UK).

Compared to the Balkanians however the man is an absolute beginner and must be a big disappointment to his relatives :evil:
  5. That works for me on SO many levels!! Meanwhile the man from D'OHpe is still curiously Silent Bob in the press. :salut: :wink: :lol:

6. Ahh, girls, girls, girls. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up if I were you. Fitzgerald has already said that Obama's not part of this clusterfcuk and the tape transcript already has the good governor calling him a motherfcuker for not offering anything up except the thanks of a grateful president.

You see, satiating the press is all well and good, and politically quite expedient, even though no matter what gets said it's not going to satisfy you puerile reactionaries from throwing their toys out of their crib. Yes, the media wants to know what's going on, but that's largely because it's their job to ask and doesn't necessarily suggest that they smell blood in the water and are gearing up for a feeding frenzy. If they had anything along those lines to go on, trust me, they'd have run it by now.

But, more to the point, there's the question of interfering with a federal investigation. The last thing anyone on the transition team wants is to put themselves in the sh1t by making Fitzgerald's life difficult when it comes to securing a convicition. Nonetheless, apparently they've lined their ducks up in a row and will be making a statement in an hour or two from now.

So, carry on with your talking points from the right-wing blogosphere while the grown-ups take care of the business of sorting out the mess of the last 8 years and beyond.
  7. Erm am I missing something here or are you stating that Blagojevich's behaviour/corruption is somehow the fault of the Bush administration?
  8. Saying nothing of the sort, old boy. The level of coordination required for the degree of graft and corruption seen in IL is far beyond anything that Monkey-Boy is capable of creating.

I'm saying that there are those on the right who appear to be desperate for the new president to fail before he is even sworn in. I guess it's all that's left to hope for when your party is out of ideas and is busy conducting the political equivalent of an all-you-can-eat buffet in a village of cannibals.
  9. I agree with what you say about those on the right being desperate for Obama to fail before he takes office.

However,if Rahm Emanuel did talk to Blagojevich about the vacant senate seat,why not just admit it? Surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Obama/Obama's political staff might have an interest in who takes his seat?
  10. Well, as it turns out they're being told to keep schtum about who talked to whom because that's what Pat Fitzgerald, the prosecutor, has asked them to do- for at least another week because he is still interviewing people and doesn't want anyone to upset the apple cart. Word is that he wasn't quite ready to pounce on Blagojevich- who has been under surveillance for a couple of years now- but his hand was forced by the immediacy of the senate appointment scandal.
  11. Yeah... something that really annoys the hell out of me concerning these sorts of investigations is that they keep them going long after concrete evidence of one crime is uncovered. Blago should of been outed and charged 18 months ago for crying out loud...
  12. Nice read on the media coverage crab. That is easy.

Blago's trout was a realtor, and one of her clients was Rezko (Resko however you spell his name). Rezko's sentencing has been delayed. Rahm has been mum and is not doing pressers. Rahm acording to news reports, prior to Blago being bubbled, was in touch and had conversations with Blago.

Not saying Obama and his team did anything untoward but they sure do seem to be on the defensive, and the saviour was sweating in the last presser I saw him in.

This may not involve him directly but could be a problem very soon, Fitzy likes procedural crimes oh so much...who got prosecuted for Plame? Not Libby he got bubbled for obstruction...that's right no one! There was no crime in the Plame case. Obama, Rahm and the rest better get their stories straight and quick...and they better be airtight like a whore being taken by squaddies.

If not criminal will be a distraction worse then Whitewater and that fall out....
  13. I'll bet a transcript of any conversation between Rod B and Rahm will read like a script from Goodfellas because of the language alone. :)
  14. Guess he got coal in his stocking...or was that gold?

"(CNN) -- A new national poll suggests Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich could be on the top of Santa's naughty list.

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tops new CNN poll of which politician has been the naughtiest 2008.

Fifty-six percent of those questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Wednesday said Blagojevich, who has been arrested on corruption charges, was the naughtiest politician in 2008."
  15. "Blagojevich faces allegations of influence peddling, among other charges.

The governor, a Democrat, on Tuesday named Burris to serve the last two years of Obama's Senate term

Obama said Tuesday it is disappointing that Blagojevich ignored warnings from Senate Democrats about appointing a successor to his Senate seat."

Guess it will be up to the US Senate if the appointment is rejected or not.