Dear God no.....

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I just despair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30268496

Boris was at least competent as a mayor, but Ms Abbott?

Paxman said he would not want to be mayor of London for all the eclairs in Paris. Ms Abbott seems to find the attraction of all the patisserie in London to be quite attractive.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Three words spring to mind seeing here picture on the BBC website,

Fat
Racist
Munter

If she/it is adopted as the official Labour candidate, it should ensure a third successive Tory win.

Is postal voting allowed in the London Mayoral elections?.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Three words spring to mind seeing here picture on the BBC website,

Fat
Racist
Munter

If she/it is adopted as the official Labour candidate, it should ensure a third successive Tory win.

Is postal voting allowed in the London Mayoral elections?.

Abbott is going as an Independent. Much as Boris did. Cue a certain Mr Galloway giving support.

Is there anything she's not stood for?
Labour Leadership, MP, and now Mayor of London. Bet she tried for Scottish leadership at some point.

Datsun 120Y

Old-Salt
I think it would be great if she is elected. As Mayor of London she'd have even less chance of affecting national policy.

She can say "immigrants living in London get the first council houses and free chips on a Friday" as much as she wants; if Nigel gets in, that'll only be 10 people eligible

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There is London, Ontario as well as 8 Londons in the USA, she could be mayor of one of them!

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I dont know if its legal to be an MP and still be in the running for Mayor of London. I use running for Mayor in a symbolic sense as Abbott can only waddle for Mayor but not run. In the same way as Ken Livingstone can fall out of his car pissed for the role. He did it often enough when he was actually mayor.

NSP

LE
Not being a resident of the Greater London area I can safely say good luck to the swollen bigoted bitch. If she's stuck furthering the wider fuck-up of The Smoke she'll be out of national politics - which will be even more vital in the event of the nightmare of Labour forming the next government.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not being militant at all, but I feel that each time I enter London and do not use a car I should be paid the exact same amount of money for not encumbering the city with a car. As basic survival means that I will spend money in the capital I might find some incentive to go there enticing.

I take Paypal.

Or just settle my bar tab at the Lamb and Flag.

[Regarding London Mayor]
Ms Abbott said: "A great many people have been pressing me for some time to throw my hat in the ring."

Pressing and ring, yes. But I don't think a hat was involved....

I dont know if its legal to be an MP and still be in the running for Mayor of London. I use running for Mayor in a symbolic sense as Abbott can only waddle for Mayor but not run. In the same way as Ken Livingstone can fall out of his car pissed for the role. He did it often enough when he was actually mayor.
Just going to stick with fact rather than give an opinion that would guarantee being on ROPs. Red Ken was still MP when elected as Mayor.

Latest Threads