Dear DG

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps when some of them focus on current issues instead of sectarian agendas and stop flogging the British people for the sins of the fathers, we might actually restore our high standards of public service and get a grip on the immediate threats to the country.
Especially when, when viewed contemporaneously, those sins weren't all that bad.

No doubt that will upset some people but it's more than true.

Chef

LE
Can you ask him to commission a TV drama series about black slavery? ...however instead of the focus being on 'White Masters' which we all know about now because of the valuable education that BLM has given us, the series could instead concentrate entirely on the slave trade period before the nasty Europeans became involved.... dramatise it.... Eastenders in loincloths sort of thing maybe., but with better acting and scripts ... or 'Kunty Kinte the Early Years'.. inter tribal rivalry and taking of slaves for work, prostitution and human sacrifice.. the sort of thing that was the norm between African tribes at the time.

The historical context could be set around the Annual Customs of the Kingdom of Dahomey (now Benin) at the time of King Agaja as that gives some cultural interest what with around 500 to 4,000 slaves being offered as human sacrifice by beheading as an integral part of the annual ceremony. I'm sure there's a rich vein of untapped historical drama, with an educational slant, to be brought to the public's attention now that black oppression back through the mists of time is front and centre of everyone's minds....
Bearing in mind that 'Roots' has more in common with the documentary series 'Eastenders' then you'd think I suspect that episode one will be entitled:

Kunte Kinte, The early years: Episode One 'The Stranger'

The harmony of the peaceful village of Tshitonaflor is shattered when a white explorer arrives and after forcing the villagers to convert to Christianity enslaves them all and marches them a hundred miles to his slave ship the HMS Colonial. Having started slavery in Africa Queen Elizabeth knights him and he builds Bristol using the bones of African children to make bricks.

woger wabbit

War Hero
Bad form I know, but I highlighted this a while back.

Also as has been said. We increasingly see BBC presenters airing their personal political views on air. We pay them to present programmes, so we can be informed and entertained, not provide them with a soap box with which to preach from.
Emily Maltis for example?

Said the man who posted a load of opinion as fact. You're not in the least little bit interested in diversity of opinion on here, let alone the BBC.
Any more than the twat hats are in the least diverse enough to respect any other. Thus a mirror argument.

Bearing in mind that 'Roots' has more in common with the documentary series 'Eastenders' then you'd think I suspect that episode one will be entitled:

Kunte Kinte, The early years: Episode One 'The Stranger'

The harmony of the peaceful village of Tshitonaflor is shattered when a white explorer arrives and after forcing the villagers to convert to Christianity enslaves them all and marches them a hundred miles to his slave ship the HMS Colonial. Having started slavery in Africa Queen Elizabeth knights him and he builds Bristol using the bones of African children to make bricks.
You should have added "conveniently forgetting other tribes and arabs making a mint out of it, in many cases providing the bricks."

Maybe a better thing would be to improve education about slavery over the millennia?
The problem being the 'educators' will conveniently ignore the Arabs, the Romans, Africans themselves or any other culture that kept slaves long before old whitey did it.

Chef

LE
You should have added "conveniently forgetting other tribes and arabs making a mint out of it, in many cases providing the bricks."
Lordy lordy! That old myth again? Never happened.

You try and educate people and you get this sort of reaction?

Sometimes I despair of the ignorance all whites exhibit about this subject.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
And long after too.
I know an elderly white gentleman who was in slavery from 1942 to 1945. He's very frail now, but determined to live until August.