Dear DG

I cannot believe that there are people who believe that writing to the BBC will make a difference.

They are, no matter how you wrap it up, a government funded sub contractor who know which side their bread is buttered.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Get him to bring back Sir Tel to Radio 2.

...................How many in the armed services know QRs inside out?
Paddy Tick(real name Henry D....s), the SWO's man in Leuchars guardroom made such a claim. You might remember him for his unforgettable tannoy message:

"Der will be a meetin of de messin committe today at tirteen... .tirtirty... .torteentorty.....fuckit fourteen hundred hours.....".

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can we have a new series or reboot of The Tripods? Always bugged me they just ended it on a cliffhanger at the end of the second series.

Coincidentally, I've just listened to the whole of John Christopher's Tripods series (the original three books plus the prequel which explained how the Tripods came to take over the Earth) on Audible. Just reliving my childhood when I read the books back in the very early eighties. Still feels a well written set of books that, although aimed at 'teens, doesn't age as badly as many Sci-Fi books.

You could always insert a paragraph enquiring about the number of Common Purpose 'graduates' in editorial and management teams, and how many of them used references and recommendations from other CPs during their job applications and assessments.

Oops

War Hero
Can he explain why they insist on providing Chris Packham with fees and a platform to pursue his political agenda at public cost
Bugger , beat me to it.

Robin Page, (as an example) would be far more of an educational and informative voice from the Countryside....
Adam, et al. do a nice 'Townie' centric version of what they think the Public can handle...
Which leads me onto one of the things they used to do excellently well, (until Penguingate or whatever)....
Animals kill other animals to survive....
Nature is red in tooth and claw ...
Inform.

Pipe dreams I know, but you asked.

Oh, and get Sir Geoffrey back into the TMS commentary box.......
There's no one so expert in reading a game at this present moment in time.
( That takes some saying from a Lancy)..

Screeching wimmin have a place on a First Class cricket ground....
It's just not 2" behind the microphone.
Sorry.
( I'm not sexist, I can't be doin with the Screechin men either!)

Dr Death

War Hero
Cancel Eastenders
Cancel Eastenders
Cancel Eastenders

Dear DG,
Will you please change BBC culture to realise that London does not represent the UK as a whole and that BBC thinking needs to recognise that London actually is an outlier for UK statistics, especially in BAME.
Like most big companies they must be itching to change their name. This is part of a cycle of rebranding which is a major aspect of modern management strategy. They probably have a working group dedicated to this task as we speak. Only problem is that "LBC" is taken, so they are looking into a bit of a black hole as regards meaningful and relevant titles.
Possibly the honourable members could forward a few suggestions.

Oops

War Hero
Cancel Eastenders
Cancel Eastenders
Cancel Eastenders
I'm agreeing even though I profess never to have watched an episode.
I assume it's a Southern Sink Corrie?
Owt that pays that uncouth Cockney Knob whatever is name is should be pulled immediately.

Dr Death

War Hero
I'm agreeing even though I profess never to have watched an episode.
I assume it's a Southern Sink Corrie?
Owt that pays that uncouth Cockney Knob whatever is name is should be pulled immediately.
Complete and utter waste of money, BBC has no live sport on a Saturday apart from maybe Radio 5/5 Live Extra. And to cap it all TMS does not have exclusive rights for cricket & now Boycott has left its worth listening to!

All job vacancies to be exclusively advertised on Arrse.

Current affairs job vacancies also available on the Sheppey Gazette site.

Truxx

LE
You could always insert a paragraph enquiring about the number of Common Purpose 'graduates' in editorial and management teams, and how many of them used references and recommendations from other CPs during their job applications and assessments.
Being old, thick and from half way up a mountain could I just enguire what a Common Purpose grad is?

Although I rather suspect I will not like the answer.

I would just like to know if he intends to listen to voices outside of the " BBC Bubble " and how he intends to take steps to reinstall confidence in his organisation as to being a provider of trustworthy News ... as it used to be .

Oops

War Hero
Let's move onto Radio...
I've no problems with the Yoof screeching on R1 or even 2, Asian or owt with an X in its name , but for the Love of God....
R4 Comedy......

The 6.30pm slots have gone from something to look forward to, especially a Friday night, to something if you've neglected to turn off you can expect to regurgitate ones tea rather rapidly...
Note 'tea' not 'dinner' or 'supper'...
TEA , like what we drink up 'ere ,...but different, it comes on a plate with LOTS of gravy.(and saturated fats)...
T'other TEA btw.... colloquially known as 'BREW' summat strong enough to stand yet spoon up in...
Not some Bbc Exec Carrying CAPPAsummat....

I used to shoot them on Deeside (not the Chesire one...ooohh there's a thought!)
Speaking of sporting hobbies including firearms......
That RANGABANGANATION Fella......
Id give him a fifty yard start over the Cocknee.

I'd better stop now, I've not been told off by a mod on ere yet, I feel it may be near...

Latest Threads