Dear DG

triggerigger

War Hero
To balance the left wing right on bamelgqtblm torrent of gender fluid anti brexit boris river of shit they produce could St Nigel of Farrage have his own show? An inconvenient truth half hour for instance.
And maybe some of the gazillion £ they gouge out of us could be used to raise production standards above that of a 6th school play. A tide of trotsky filth with unlimited access to public funds.

Or Benny from Crossroads
Less limp-wristed types as well.
Watching BBC world, it amazes me how many programmes are hosted by mincers, or are about mincers.
Do the BBC not realise (wait, they probably DO) that many cultures do not tolerate flamboyant displays of poovery?
Frankie Howard, Are you being served etc USED to thrive on innuendo and euphemism. And were funny.
the modern blatant stuff isn't.

With the announcement of a new Director General of the BBC I intend writing him a letter, copied probably to Boris and various coves in the DCMS.

I will be making a start later today and will share my thoughts as things develop. But for now your input would be welcome.

First things first I will be challenging him to go around his organisation and ascertain how many (or as is more likely how few) know the BBC Charter inside out, and the extent to which his (expensive) organisation fulfils its charter obligations.

Other themes thoughts and observations would be most welcome.
Because we don't have enough threads about the BBC already.

How many in the armed services know QRs inside out?

The thread title made me think it must be about Gym Shortts.
I was hoping it was about Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency

Would you just ask him if he intends to remain the British Broadcasting Corporation and since he wants more BAME presenters- would he cease using English as his principal Language? Then I could cease to listen to the verbiage spouted.
ETA perhaps the foreign service would be more apt.
Danny Dyer doing a mockney accent in Pidgin English would be quite funny though, it might make Eastenders watchable

Truxx

LE
What bill? Why is there a bill? Old biddy buys a TV and watches Corrie. She watches it for nothing.
Isnt it more complicated than that? In their last financial settlement the BBC did not suffer as much of a cut as it had been expecting as it had undertaken to continue to give older folks a dispensation.

Having got he money it hopped on the reversocycle, mumbled something about an aspiration and not a promise, then looked to the government to give them money equivalent to the "lost" loss of revenue. It then turned its considerable influence ops capability on we, the general public, in order to create the narrative that somehow, this was and is the governments problem.

So that's going in.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
Because we don't have enough threads about the BBC already.

How many in the armed services know QRs inside out?
Thanks for your input, I did wonder if we needed another thread, but as I intend writing the letter I thought that I would just poll opinion here first and there are so many things that could be said, I am simply keen to boil it down to the key areas of concern.

You may have been blissfully unaware of QRs and other regulations but I can bet very good money that were you, whilst in uniform, to transgress them then you would rapidly discover the relevant information.

Further, the charter is only a couple of pages long, shorter I suspect than most Station Standing Orders. Yet folks on that station are expected to know them.

Something which is currently amiss, I think, in the rank and file of our national broadcaster.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I want an organisation that reflects diversity of opinion.

One which does not despise the majority for not agreeing with a very small cosmopolitan and Britain-disdaining elite; one which does not try to inflict post-colonial guilt where it can while treating every other culture and country as beyond reproach.

One that can see and praise where the country does well, within its borders and abroad, and does not appear to hate it for not voting Labour or being pro-EU.

One which will promote and nurture talent irregardless, which (shock, horror) means ‘posh’ and ‘privileged’, too, if they’re good or better. One which does not over-promote because of quota.

One that produces funny, intelligent comedy; documentaries that are intellectually stimulating and informing, not increasingly patronising; one that produces a spread of output which at peak times addresses all demographics, with an emphasis on good quality which is relevant and engage-able with across all age groups, genders and cultures.

Not the BBC we have, then.

Last edited:
He might want to review their "marketing policy", of labelling up and coming programs stating eg "First aired 10/03/2020"...only to find it';s years old and "first aired" on another channel, and what they really mean it's the first time on whatever old re-run channel they have chosen.

Cvnts.

He might want to review their "marketing policy", of labelling up and coming programs stating eg "First aired 10/03/2020"...only to find it';s years old and "first aired" on another channel, and what they really mean it's the first time on whatever old re-run channel they have chosen.

Cvnts.
Which, of course, does not just apply to the Beeb.

Truxx

LE

One which does not despise the majority for not agreeing with a very small cosmopolitan and Britain-disdaining elite; one which does not try to inflict post-colonial guilt where it can while treating every other culture and country as beyond reproach.

One that can see and praise where the country does well, within its borders and abroad, and does not appear to hate it for not voting Labour or being pro-EU.

One which will promote and nurture talent irregardless, which (shock, horror) means ‘posh’ and ‘privilieged’, too, if they’re good or better. One which does not over-promote because of quota.

One that produces funny, intelligent comedy; documentaries that are intellectually stimulating and informing, not increasingly patronising; one that produces a spread of output which at peak times addresses all demographics, with an emphasis on good quality which is relevant and engage-able with across all age groups, genders and cultures.

If I were to wrap that lot around a brick and throw it through the DGs window he would, I am sure, read it, and conclude to himself that his organisation met all of those goals and some.

Allowing him simply to dismiss the last line.

So how can I persuade him that all is not well?

One which will promote and nurture talent irregardless, which (shock, horror) means ‘posh’ and ‘privileged’, too, if they’re good or better. One which does not over-promote because of quota.

This, on steroids.

Could you ask him what I am left to watch with the reported loss of BBC4 and the continual pursuit of the younger demographic, what will they watch when they grow into middle age?
They may be chasing the younger demographic but too little, too late... they will never catch up and win them back.

“Ok Beeb, what does the future look like for the BBC”​

”The future for BBC looks pretty uninspiring until 2027. From 2028 it looks... I’m sorry, I can find no reference to the BBC in 2028“​

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
If I were to wrap that lot around a brick and throw it through the DGs window he would, I am sure, read it, and conclude to himself that his organisation met all of those goals and some.

Allowing him simply to dismiss the last line.

So how can I persuade him that all is not well?
Get and ask people - lots and lots and lots of people.

And then don't dismiss the answers you don't like.

I agree with you by the way.

The most watched programmes in UK history are news items (particularly the Royal Familly) and sport.

Sucsessive Governments over the years have promised the "crown jewels" of sport will always be free to air. These have slowly been lost to commercial channels. The BBC used to do news well. It used to do state occasions well.
The news is now politicised,as has been well documented of late. State occasions seem to consist of a few minutes footage of the event followed by z list celebrities and politicians giving us there personal viewpoints on events.
I like sport on the BBC, mainly because it is not interupted by constant commercials. Many of the iconic sporting commentators plied their trade with BBC (oh how I miss Bill McLaren). Perhaps if the beeb stopped paying it's sporting presenters so much money presenting highlights shows, it could afford to actually show some live sport!

Ask him to ‘retire‘ Andrew Marr! This mornings example, questioning Matt Hancock - “why are there no blacks in the Cabinet”?!

Latest Threads