Dear DG

Truxx

LE
With the announcement of a new Director General of the BBC I intend writing him a letter, copied probably to Boris and various coves in the DCMS.

I will be making a start later today and will share my thoughts as things develop. But for now your input would be welcome.

First things first I will be challenging him to go around his organisation and ascertain how many (or as is more likely how few) know the BBC Charter inside out, and the extent to which his (expensive) organisation fulfils its charter obligations.

Other themes thoughts and observations would be most welcome.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Can we have a new series or reboot of The Tripods? Always bugged me they just ended it on a cliffhanger at the end of the second series.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
The woke snowflake liberal fucktard PC LBGTQ BLM BAME Brigade will be after you to nail your arrse to the wall.
Boot size ? and where's the Dm 10 I lent you?

Can you ask him to send Gary Lineker into (unpaid) exile? Thanks in anticipation.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I should like him to identify the percentage of employees involved directly in programme making.

jmb3296

Old-Salt
Can he explain why they insist on providing Chris Packham with fees and a platform to pursue his political agenda at public cost

I want re-runs of It Ain't Half Hot Mum and The Goodies.

Mrsheeny

War Hero

Tunde Ogungbesan, who led the review, said the report was "more than just about numbers and tokenism - it is about culture and also recognising that what got the BBC to where it is today, will not get it where it needs to be tomorrow without a substantial culture change."

Nothing like feathering your own nest is there? Ask why the quotas and why are they promoting someone based on their skin colour? Wouldn't that be racist to do so?

Truxx

LE
I should like him to identify the percentage of employees involved directly in programme making.
Nice one. I recall Options for Change, an early Defence Review post cold-war. The RAF were feeling smug as the Army were most under the cosh. Right up to the point that folks started looking at how big the RAF was in comparison to combat aircraft, and I recall Israel with a similar number of front line jets being used as a comparison ( I think at the time they were 1/4 the size of the RAF.)

Cue some very rapid retrospective staffwork.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I'd like to know why they can't afford to look after our old folk. Let them watch TV for free. The people that have done their bit to keep this country growing, the folk that often have no partners and very few, if any friends. Letting them watch a television set without worrying about another bill, is surely a decent thing to do.

Bad form I know, but I highlighted this a while back.

With the sad demise of Tim Brooke-Taylor recently, I thought I would listen to a few old episodes of "I'm sorry, I haven't a clue". (the ones with Humphrey Lyttelton in). Went onto BBC sounds, which has replaced the old radio app, and lo and behold all the episodes bar one are no longer available for listening to.
Did a bit of research on a couple of forums and it appears the BBC are making a tidy sum in CD and Mp3 sales. So no more free listening. I was under the impression that my license tax fee covered things like that.
Obviously not.
The whole bloody organisation can go to hell in a handcart!
Also as has been said. We increasingly see BBC presenters airing their personal political views on air. We pay them to present programmes, so we can be informed and entertained, not provide them with a soap box with which to preach from.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
I'd like to know why they can't afford to look after our old folk. Let them watch TV for free. The people that have done their bit to keep this country growing, the folk that often have no partners and very few, if any friends. Letting them watch a television set without worrying about another bill, is surely a decent thing to do.
Oh I think the Beeb agree with you.

Although they want the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Would you just ask him if he intends to remain the British Broadcasting Corporation and since he wants more BAME presenters- would he cease using English as his principal Language? Then I could cease to listen to the verbiage spouted.
ETA perhaps the foreign service would be more apt.

Truxx

LE

Tunde Ogungbesan, who led the review, said the report was "more than just about numbers and tokenism - it is about culture and also recognising that what got the BBC to where it is today, will not get it where it needs to be tomorrow without a substantial culture change."

Nothing like feathering your own nest is there? Ask why the quotas and why are they promoting someone based on their skin colour? Wouldn't that be racist to do so?
Great name Tunde.

I recall a certain Bn having an MO called Tunde.

He was late for a dinner night. He apologised

"I am sorry that I am late. Only a lady drove into the back of my car. I was going to give her a piece of my mind but I took her back to my hotel room and gave her a piece of my body instead"

Could you ask him what I am left to watch with the reported loss of BBC4 and the continual pursuit of the younger demographic, what will they watch when they grow into middle age?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dear DG,
Will you please change BBC culture to realise that London does not represent the UK as a whole and that BBC thinking needs to recognise that London actually is an outlier for UK statistics, especially in BAME.

Latest Threads