Dealing With Empties (Magazines that is)

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by This Tribe, Dec 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This Tribe

This Tribe Sponsor

Any suggestions that I may have missed? BTW dealing with SLR or SMG magazines probably doesn't count!

Originally posted on our blog
  2. I bloody HATE having anything attached to my leg! especially when you have 4 empty magazines rattleing about in there when you are running, granted my experience was with the metal magazines but i doubt it will be that much different with the polymer E-mags. I ran my dump pouch on my beltline. Best place for it.
  3. Bearing in mind I no longer run around with the Queens shilling in my wallet but I do shoot very regularly. I pretty much looked at everything out there and even have the opportunity to have stuff made for me as I want it done and I chose the simple roll up style pouch made by a popular US company. I use the pouch for variously dumping rifle or pistol mags and if I'm doing shotgun I use it to carry extra shells.

I hate stuff rattling around my legs when I am moving, so much so that for my range poseur walt gear I even unpick and remove any side leg pockets from "tacticool trousers". Having shot with many septics both military and police SWAT who can also pretty much buy [or use] what they want I have noticed that most of them also go for the simple roll up dump pouch route.

One thing I would like though is a more substansive collar/lip just inside and down about an inch from the top of the pouch just to make sure nowt jumps out. No, I do not like the elasticktrickery at the top of the leg affixed dump pouch, I have looked at similar and it just an added extra that may at sometime cause an un-needed complication.
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've often thought about a good solution to this and the best I can come up with is a Minimi pouch with the lid removed and a rubber letterbox style opening in the top which allows you to 'post' empties in quickly and easily, without them being able to fall out.

I even made a working prototype once using bits of an old NBC welly stitched to a pouch. It worked pretty well, but the rubber needed to be thicker.

You can have that idea for free.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Can't they just make the plates in the body armour magnetic? Then you could just stick the mags to yourself when you've finished with them! :D
  6. Cow

Cow LE

Duhh! Magnets would attract the incoming bullets and you'd keep getting shot all the time..
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Velcro?
  8. I have a rolly polly dump pouch on my belt kit. Not only can you fit mags in but also very young children.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Doesn't Multicam webbing make you stand out when loitering outside the crèche ?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. What do they taste like? Is that an MRE baby or a 24hr baby?
  11. old 24 hrs "babys head"
  12. Plastic mags :)
  13. Fuzzy Felt ?
  14. This Tribe

This Tribe Sponsor

Like you I'm not keen on having stuff banging into my legs but I guess the point is that it is down to personal preferences and your particular role. I guess that is why the foldable dump pouches seem to be the most popular.

We've also just got another option in which is the one mentioned by Effendi. Its a Molle roll up dump pouch that you can attach to either your battle belt or body armour.
  15. Here is another pic. with the pouch rolled up and the baby put to bed.

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      File size:
      195.1 KB
    • Like Like x 1