Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealing with Capita

Doris_2013

Old-Salt
My application form won't submit. It's been a month now.

I've tried deleting it and trying again and I've tried applying on every software platform too. I've rung them, emailed and written to them with very little joy other than the generic 'we're working on the problem'. For a month?! Tweets to Army Jobs have gone ignored, the online chat function was an appalling experience with 'advisers' not being able to string a sentence together.

Short of printing off my application form and heading to my nearest careers office (if they're still open that is), does anyone have any other suggestions?

Local careers office, they should have the paper copy, fill it in, hand it over, becomes thier issue to get it on the system. Or if you're under a certain age it just won't accept it

:excited:
^_^;Have you tried joining the AR? The quota is way below target so you may well become a priority and be attested a year early and gain some experience

RHQ_SCOTS

Clanker
Have you tried contacting the Business Assurance Team? They can be rather helpful in getting issues resolved

You can call the 0345 600 8080 number and ask for Business Assurance team

Or you can email ARTD-RG-HQBusinessAssurance@mod.uk

You can also write to:
FAO Business Assurance
NRC Building 370
Trenchard Lines
Upavon
Pewset
Wilts
SN9 6BE

Boxy

GCM
:excited:
^_^;Have you tried joining the AR? The quota is way below target so you may well become a priority and be attested a year early and gain some experience

Still have to go through Capita...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Doris_2013 Looks like sound advice from @RHQ_SCOTS please do as suggested. Do you know which regiment or corps you want to join? It might be a good idea to contact RHQ and tell them about the difficulty you are having they may also be able to chase things up for you and make sure these kind of problems are dealt with.

Google should find you the relevant contact details but if you're unsure just ask on this thread and I'm sure some one will point you in the right direction.

Doris_2013

Old-Salt
@RHQ_SCOTS thank you for that info. My emails have gone to the address the online chat team gave me, but bar one reply of 'we're working on it', any follow ups I have done have been ignored. I shall give those two addresses a go too.

@BuggerAll I do. As an older applicant I was very quick to email AND write to them to say I was interested in joining and I was stuck with the non-submission of my form. Not had a response from them either. I'm meant to be having coffee with someone in the next few weeks who could possibly put in a good word, so I guess that's better than nothing. Though the silence/lack of interest doesn't give off the best impression I will say.

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm glad you're persisting. Sadly the system is letting us all down but its not typical and it will be worth it in the end.

Had a member of Capita visit my work place today & unfortunately ignorance & denial appears to be the default setting.

Explaining to a fellow work colleague how easy & simple the IT recruitment system was.

Words fail me.....

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Had a member of Capita visit my work place today & unfortunately ignorance & denial appears to be the default setting.

Explaining to a fellow work colleague how easy & simple the IT recruitment system was.

Words fail me.....

Do you have contact details for this character? Perhaps you could email him/her and signpost him/her to this thread.

Blogg

LE

Words fail me.....

I have to deal with Capita for a number of outsourced functions.

All have a common feature: unless it actually crashes and burns, it is either user error or "the next update will fix it".

The people we deal with are not lazy or stupid. They are just working within a business model that seems wilfully oblivious to the actual needs of the user and defaults to the client contract terms, which are usually unfit for purpose because the numpties who signed up to it in the first place are unfit for purpose.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Local careers office, they should have the paper copy, fill it in, hand it over, becomes thier issue to get it on the system. Or if you're under a certain age it just won't accept it

There is no paper system anymore, it all has to be electronic so there will be no different outcome at the ACC

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
My application form won't submit. It's been a month now.

I've tried deleting it and trying again and I've tried applying on every software platform too. I've rung them, emailed and written to them with very little joy other than the generic 'we're working on the problem'. For a month?! Tweets to Army Jobs have gone ignored, the online chat function was an appalling experience with 'advisers' not being able to string a sentence together.

Short of printing off my application form and heading to my nearest careers office (if they're still open that is), does anyone have any other suggestions?

Have you tried to re-apply using a different email address. In the past, if an application wasn't completed in the time frame the email address was then locked out of future applications - stupid I know. If you haven't already tried it, create a new email address and try and submit a new application.

Doris_2013

Old-Salt
Have you tried to re-apply using a different email address. In the past, if an application wasn't completed in the time frame the email address was then locked out of future applications - stupid I know. If you haven't already tried it, create a new email address and try and submit a new application.

Yes I have, three different emails in fact.

Have you tried contacting the Business Assurance Team? They can be rather helpful in getting issues resolved

You can call the 0345 600 8080 number and ask for Business Assurance team

Or you can email ARTD-RG-HQBusinessAssurance@mod.uk

You can also write to:
FAO Business Assurance
NRC Building 370
Trenchard Lines
Upavon
Pewset
Wilts
SN9 6BE

Furk me, I used to be posted there.

The place will be staffed by the pointyheads that used to run RAF supply. Or their kids/brothers (same thing).
And it's PewseY not PewseT. Not that it matters in the slightest. The local Royal Mail will do their own thing, just like everyone else there.

Do you have contact details for this character? Perhaps you could email him/her and signpost him/her to this thread.
BA: unfortunately not, he was only briefly passing through so no time to really extract anything....

Next time I'll 'will' direct him to here.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
@sup rec they're still dishing out the interest coupons for direct recruiting dude, when we get them filled in its our job to load then onto the website
Yes but that is not an application, it merely creates the initial interest. The application paperwork was the AFCO 4 which cannot be used anymore (if you can find it, although I do still have some in my office).

Last edited:

RHQ_SCOTS

Clanker
Had a reply from the email @RHQ_SCOTS posted which didn't really offer any advice, other than to pass blame.

I await the follow up email...

Hi Doris, I apologise if you feel i'm trying to pass the blame, that isn't the case at all I'm merely trying to point you to the correct people who will be able to deal with your issue.

Latest Threads