Dead wild birds... Anyone seen any?

Serious question like :?

In the last 2 days walking around my local village i've seen around 20 dead birds lying on grass, on paths etc. Blackbirds, Sparrows, Starlings etc. Now.. they don't appear to have been mauled by a cat or run over by a car - they seem to have simply dropped dead. Very strange 8O

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=152506632

Mystery surrounds the death of 75 starlings after they crashed on to a driveway, an animal charity said.

The birds were spotted falling from the sky and on to the driveway of a house in Coxley, Somerset, on Sunday March 7.

RSPCA animal welfare officer Alison Sparkes was alerted to the unusual incident by the police and went to help.
Not an answer like, but perhaps its attributed to the cold weather recently?. Not seen any myself.

In another report, they thought the starlings could have been trying to avoid a predator.

Well, that went well then.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have a dead bird in my garden. She was quite wild when I started doing her up the arrse.

bossyboots said:
http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=152506632

Mystery surrounds the death of 75 starlings after they crashed on to a driveway, an animal charity said.

The birds were spotted falling from the sky and on to the driveway of a house in Coxley, Somerset, on Sunday March 7.

RSPCA animal welfare officer Alison Sparkes was alerted to the unusual incident by the police and went to help.
Not an answer like, but perhaps its attributed to the cold weather recently?. Not seen any myself.
I live south of Manchester tho.. not in Somerset mate

dangerousdave said:
soldierboy7999 said:
none of you watched flash forward on channel 5 the answer is on that, all the birds dropping out of the sky
Whats that about?
the entire population of earth all blackout at the sametime a have a flash forward 6 months into their future..... but thats fcuk all to do with this, there's a part in it where a shat load of birds just fall out of the sky

Maybe someone is testing something nuclear? chemical? biological?
Manchester is a sensible location for this sort of test?

dangerousdave said:
mistersoft said:
In another report, they thought the starlings could have been trying to avoid a predator.

Well, that went well then.
Wouldn't they land tho, rather than nose dive into the ground? :?
That's what I would have thought. It seems more like a suicide pact than trying to avoid a predator.

I saw a dead bird just outside my office yesterday.

No obvious cause of death (fully intact, etc), thought it was strange at the time.

M

mogwaimarshall

well i did have a kestral fly straight in front of my truck think he was playing chicken but being a nice bloke i slowed rigth down so it flew over head, shame about the prick who was right up my arse that had to hit his brakes rather hard, that will teach him

Just walking to the pub when I saw a pigeon happily flying along then suddenly just stoved in and hit the floor. (Wrapped it in shopping bag lobbed it in a bin.)

There were a few dead birds in my back garden but I later saw my cat with a huge grin on it's face so that was that lot explained.

A long hard winter like this will have pushed a lot of wildlife to the limit. A sudden start or burst of activity could very well be the last straw for the poor sods. I'd imagine there's a fair few dead deer up on the hills as well.