Dead wild birds... Anyone seen any?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by dangerousdave, Mar 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Serious question like :?

In the last 2 days walking around my local village i've seen around 20 dead birds lying on grass, on paths etc. Blackbirds, Sparrows, Starlings etc. Now.. they don't appear to have been mauled by a cat or run over by a car - they seem to have simply dropped dead. Very strange 8O

Not an answer like, but perhaps its attributed to the cold weather recently?. Not seen any myself.
  3. Bird flu - no doubt about it, your number's up mate
  4. In another report, they thought the starlings could have been trying to avoid a predator.

Well, that went well then.
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I have a dead bird in my garden. She was quite wild when I started doing her up the arrse.
  6. none of you watched flash forward on channel 5 the answer is on that, all the birds dropping out of the sky
  7. I live south of Manchester tho.. not in Somerset mate
  8. Doubt it mate... they say it's only Swans/Geese/Chickens that get it. These are wild garden birds :)
  9. Whats that about?
  10. Wouldn't they land tho, rather than nose dive into the ground? :?
  11. the entire population of earth all blackout at the sametime a have a flash forward 6 months into their future..... but thats fcuk all to do with this, there's a part in it where a shat load of birds just fall out of the sky
  12. Maybe someone is testing something nuclear? chemical? biological?
    Manchester is a sensible location for this sort of test?
  13. Surely "Bird Not Flu" in this instance?
  14. That's what I would have thought. It seems more like a suicide pact than trying to avoid a predator.