Dead Track

smudge67 said:
I think all our AFVs at the moment (including 432s) have live track.
I'm not sure what "class" of track is on the EOD Wheelbarrow though ;)

two-four-albert said:
I would guess CRARRV was/is the last with dead track.
Don't CrARRVs have the same track as CR2 nowadays?

If it was dead track, then you're probably right.

One of the Harman Lines CRARRVs is still running the old style dead track, I think they demanded all the left-over track pads and track stock to avoid fitting the CR2 stuff...

I remember getting to Detmold from my Class 1 course (circa 1979) to discover we were supporting 3 Bn's of the buggers, those were the days.

Nobby

Nobby_REME said:
I remember getting to Detmold from my Class 1 course (circa 1979) to discover we were supporting 3 Bn's of the buggers, those were the days.

Nobby
Those were the days ???? What, wagon pops and farts to a halt, cfn craporder then gets a head sauna for 20 mins via the kidney hatch, meanwhile the rest of your body is ferkin freezing on the outside ?? :?

two-four-albert said:
They should have however I remember SEME saying 'Dont worry you will never see a MK1 432' and then I went to Minden......Feck !!
Changing rear generators in Elizabeth Barracks! I lost count of how many 9/16th AF spanners I dropped into the pack space. :( :x :frustrated:

two-four-albert said:
They should have however I remember SEME saying 'Dont worry you will never see a MK1 432' and then I went to Minden......Feck !!
RL's, knockers and Diamond T's when you went through aswell wasnt it you old f*cker....at least they started to get that new Shiney Chieftain in for you to work on :twisted:

By the way 24A hope you and yours have a nice Easter and Ill have a special coffee with one.

smudge67 said:
smudge67 said:
Live - it has a self-wrapping, self compensating action.

If it was cut, the ends would curl up due to it's elasticity, giving the self wrapping effect around it's final drive.

Heywood_Jablowme said:
smudge67 said:
smudge67 said:

If it was cut, the ends would curl up due to it's elasticity, giving the self wrapping effect around it's final drive.
A bit like a NAAFI sandwich then :p

two-four-albert said:
Heywood_Jablowme said:
smudge67 said:
smudge67 said:

A bit like a NAAFI sandwich then :p
Gems for track BDR?! Not ex-Queens LAD are you? Few of us knocking around still if you are.