Dead Track

#3
smudge67 said:
I think all our AFVs at the moment (including 432s) have live track.
I'm not sure what "class" of track is on the EOD Wheelbarrow though ;)
 
#5
two-four-albert said:
I would guess CRARRV was/is the last with dead track.
Don't CrARRVs have the same track as CR2 nowadays?

If it was dead track, then you're probably right.
 
#8
One of the Harman Lines CRARRVs is still running the old style dead track, I think they demanded all the left-over track pads and track stock to avoid fitting the CR2 stuff...
 
#10
I remember getting to Detmold from my Class 1 course (circa 1979) to discover we were supporting 3 Bn's of the buggers, those were the days.

Nobby
 
#11
Nobby_REME said:
I remember getting to Detmold from my Class 1 course (circa 1979) to discover we were supporting 3 Bn's of the buggers, those were the days.

Nobby
Those were the days ???? What, wagon pops and farts to a halt, cfn craporder then gets a head sauna for 20 mins via the kidney hatch, meanwhile the rest of your body is ferkin freezing on the outside ?? :?
 
#12
two-four-albert said:
They should have however I remember SEME saying 'Dont worry you will never see a MK1 432' and then I went to Minden......Feck !!
Changing rear generators in Elizabeth Barracks! I lost count of how many 9/16th AF spanners I dropped into the pack space. :( :x :frustrated:
 
#13
two-four-albert said:
They should have however I remember SEME saying 'Dont worry you will never see a MK1 432' and then I went to Minden......Feck !!
RL's, knockers and Diamond T's when you went through aswell wasnt it you old f*cker....at least they started to get that new Shiney Chieftain in for you to work on :twisted:

By the way 24A hope you and yours have a nice Easter and Ill have a special coffee with one.
 
#15
smudge67 said:
smudge67 said:
I think all our AFVs at the moment (including 432s) have live track.
I'm not sure what "class" of track is on the EOD Wheelbarrow though ;)
Live - it has a self-wrapping, self compensating action.

If it was cut, the ends would curl up due to it's elasticity, giving the self wrapping effect around it's final drive.
 
#16
Heywood_Jablowme said:
smudge67 said:
smudge67 said:
I think all our AFVs at the moment (including 432s) have live track.
I'm not sure what "class" of track is on the EOD Wheelbarrow though ;)
Live - it has a self-wrapping, self compensating action.

If it was cut, the ends would curl up due to it's elasticity, giving the self wrapping effect around it's final drive.
A bit like a NAAFI sandwich then :p
 
#17
two-four-albert said:
Heywood_Jablowme said:
smudge67 said:
smudge67 said:
I think all our AFVs at the moment (including 432s) have live track.
I'm not sure what "class" of track is on the EOD Wheelbarrow though ;)
Live - it has a self-wrapping, self compensating action.

If it was cut, the ends would curl up due to it's elasticity, giving the self wrapping effect around it's final drive.
A bit like a NAAFI sandwich then :p
Gems for track BDR?! Not ex-Queens LAD are you? Few of us knocking around still if you are.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top