Dead soldier tape accuses general

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FieldDiscipline, Dec 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From BBC News

Geoff Hoon hanging someone else out to dry? Surely not. :x

2. The Coroner should stand his ground. In his opinion it's necessary for Hoon to come before him to be questioned. He should not be in the business of haggling with MoD over who will or will not appear.

Anyway Hoon no longer works (if he ever did!) in MoD so the MoD Lawyer should be told precisely what to do with his own anatomy...

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

You know,it's ironic.Ex amount of people die in a train crash & the senior managers of the rail firm are charged with Corporate Manslaughter YET a Soldier is killed because he did'nt have the right kit & the top brass & Minister concerned get away with it!
    Talk about double standards!!!

4. Not only that, said MoD and Minister swearing blind on the radio that ALL the troops have sufficient equipment and I scan the lads around me to see us all in temperate Cbt 95s and CBA less ballistic plates. Not even a 'little porky' but a big fat stinking wopper of a lie.

If the managers of the rail firm had the ba11s to front so much bo11ox they wouldn't have a job a couple of days later.

5. Bit of a sad effort really - we deploy about a brigade and cannot even equip that. Makes the country look a banana republic when you see how much money Brown sprays around................then againit is also letting Halliburton have the logistics chain I suppose so kit follows soldiers.

I wish Blair could negotiate - he should have stung the Americans for a year's Defence Budget - say $50 billion of theirs - to buy new equipment for the Army - but he must have just swooned when George Bush asked him if he's like to pay a blood price to tag along

6. From lying on the floor of our tent with mortars landing all around us because the government was too cheap to give us korimeks or properly built accomodation, to repairing our warriors in the tank park in 60 degree heat with handheld spanners because they were too cheap to supply us with compressors or powertools, to lying awake in unimaginable heat because they would not provide us with working air con, the government has stitched us up at every step of the way.

All this almost 3 years after the invasion, whilst hearing the government tell the public that we have everything we need and talking about defence cuts.

But these are just a few of the things I experienced.

Young lads have died in horrific ways and families have been put through unimaginable pain because of government penny pinching - Someone needs to be held to account.

7. I believe the answer to this is: the next Prime Minister!

8. Sadly, I think you may be right. Whats the betting Tony holds it together until the day he leaves and then BANG! :evil:

9. Will Hoon's evidence be on oath? If he lies, can he be prosecuted for perjury? :twisted: