Dead Pool 2022

Barry Cryer
RIP.
very funny chap indeed

That's a shame. One of the diminishing numbers from the old school. He was starting to sound a bit frail recently, though. I think he lived in Hatch End, which is along the road from me.

That's a shame. One of the diminishing numbers from the old school. He was starting to sound a bit frail recently, though. I think he lived in Hatch End, which is along the road from me.
I saw him walking towards Hatch End station a few years back. Shuffling along wearing an anorak and carrying a Tesco carrier bag. Very unassuming and low key. Didn't realise it was him at first but unmistakable when I got closer.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Barry Cryer
RIP.
very funny chap indeed

I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to him on Preston station back in the late 80's.
He was a proper gent and was happy to sit and chat.
As Provost says one of the last of a great breed of comedians.
The world will be a sadder place without him in it.
RIP Barry.

JAD

LE
I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to him on Preston station back in the late 80's.
He was a proper gent and was happy to sit and chat.
As Provost says one of the last of a great breed of comedians.
The world will be a sadder place without him in it.
RIP Barry.
Nice one @Kirkz, lovely sentiments. I knew you'd have a good Barry Cryer dit. Forget about his joke book, I bet he had a good record collection too eh Kirky lad.

Pagan-Image

Old-Salt
I spoke with him about three years ago, he was doing a turn in our town stage and staying in my local.

I was at the bar (not an unusual occurrence) when he came in, went to his room and came back down for a whisky. He had the whole bar howling in about 2 minutes.

Very sad.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice one @Kirkz, lovely sentiments. I knew you'd have a good Barry Cryer dit. Forget about his joke book, I bet he had a good record collection too eh Kirky lad.
Not sure what size record collection he had but I do know he had a number one record...

In Finland...