Dead pool 2021

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst I'm not quite 40 yet, my dad died at 58 and his dad was a similar age when he went, so it does make me feel like I've got the sword of Damocles hanging over me with each passing year (which I guess we all have). I just hope my healthier lifestyle and not working for decades among dust, smoke and pesticides that are now banned will give me a bit more longevity. If I can be like my granddad on my mums side who just turned 90 and still rides his motorbike then I'll consider it a life well lived.
The like was for the second part of your post.

How do you think us old bar stewards feel:???:

Worried that’s what.
70 here, but that's considered middle aged among native Americans. Still got a lot of miles to go yet in my moccasins. Never like to hear of one dropping off the perch at a youthful 54 years of age though. :(

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
70 here, but that's considered middle aged among native Americans. Still got a lot of miles to go yet in my moccasins. Never like to hear of one dropping off the perch at a youthful 54 years of age though. :(
A good age! ;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
With all those serial killers you have out there 70 is a bloody good age, hope you have many more:-D

A good age! ;)
Have a cheeky pint on me, Auld-Yin. :p 8):mrgreen::mrgreen:
Cheeky Pint.jpg

Kirkz

LE
I've never even heard of Friday Night Dinner.
Never seen Chernobyl.
Doubt I'm missing much.
Who's died again?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I've never even heard of Friday Night Dinner.
Never seen Chernobyl.
Doubt I'm missing much.
Who's died again?
Chernobyl is an excellent mini series, watch it you won’t be disappointed.

I could arse a few of them in my day, but no longer as I have 'signed the pledge'.
Me too and the VA doctors feel better if I don't drink. Now and then though I raise a glass to toast to comrades who have joined the choir invisible.

Kirkz

LE
Chernobyl is an excellent mini series, watch it you won’t be disappointed.
No thanks, I'm fine not watching shite.
Documentries on archaeology and the odd quiz show are enough to keep me occupied.

Never heard of him, though I do recognise him from Chernobyl.
I wonder what he requested for his last meal?

Christ he looked older than 54, must have been all that acting in Chernobyl.
If I remember correctly, he played the CSI in the comedy No Offence, I enjoyed that program - he was bonkers in it.

JAD

LE
. . . though I thought he was damned good as Deputy Chief Engineer Dyatlov in Chernobyl.

He captured (what we suppose to be) the rampant mediocrity of the late era Soviet bureaucracy: self-serving and morally bankrupt.
Jeez Louise, talk about method acting and suffering for your art.
Did the production team really have to put the cast and crew to the real Chernobyl for filming this mini series just for authenticity? I wonder how much radiation Paul Ritter and others were exposed to when recreating the core meltdown scenes. HBO and Sky must have blown the budget on this one. How many other cast members might be looking over their shoulders now?

Seriously, RIP Paul Ritter, if you get the chance to see a filmed stage production of "The Audience" when he played Prime minister John Major along side Dame Helen Mirren, you can see he was a proper old school luvvy actor. Sirs Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart rated Ritters performances very highly. A true thesp I believe.

Jeez Louise, talk about method acting and suffering for your art.
Did the production team really have to put the cast and crew to the real Chernobyl for filming this mini series just for authenticity? I wonder how much radiation Paul Ritter and others were exposed to when recreating the core meltdown scenes. HBO and Sky must have blown the budget on this one. How many other cast members might be looking over their shoulders now?

Seriously, RIP Paul Ritter, if you get the chance to see a filmed stage production of "The Audience" when he played Prime minister John Major along side Dame Helen Mirren, you can see he was a proper old school luvvy actor. Sirs Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart rated Ritters performances very highly. A true thesp I believe.

Top 10 Trivia: the real Dyatlov was (probably) doomed to an early death before he went anywhere near Chernobyl as he'd received a 2-300 REM exposure earlier in his career with the Soviet Navy.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
As ever the BBC website is behind the eight ball. This sad event happened last Thursday. Yeovil's match v Altrincham on Friday was postponed. This was reported on radio 5 along with the reason.

The family is asking for donations to the Samaritans in lieu of flowers. Reading between the lines, it's a tragedy.

Despite his being a wendyball player, 32 is no age to die.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Just a football player then.

Latest Threads