Dead pool 2021

Kirkz

LE
Olivier Dassaul, eldest son of late French billionaire industrialist Serge Dassault, whose namesake Dassault Aviation builds the Rafale war planes and owns Le Figaro newspaper, dead at 69 in an helicopter crash.

Already done.

I only ever met one person who had seen 'This is Spinal Tap' and did not think that it was hilariously funny... and he was a seriously strange metal nut.
Cult movie indeed.
Funny the first time, but runs out of laughs after that, and becomes a collection of catchphrases.
one louder, this much talent... etc
Definitely a product of its age.

Olivier Dassaul, eldest son of late French billionaire industrialist Serge Dassault, whose namesake Dassault Aviation builds the Rafale war planes and owns Le Figaro newspaper, dead at 69 in an helicopter crash.

That's twice he's died

THAT couple odds latest ......
Car crash on the freeway 4/1
Tragic fire in the home 3/1
Gunman with mental issues seeking revenge for his dead Muslim brothers in Afghanistan 20/1

Cult movie indeed.
Funny the first time, but runs out of laughs after that, and becomes a collection of catchphrases.
one louder, this much talent... etc
Definitely a product of its age.

I think that is an accusation that can be fairly directed at any comedy parody movie.

The enjoyment of This Is Spinal Tap is far more long lived if you have a more detailed knowledge of the history of rock and pop music. Hours of enjoyment can be had trying to identify the groups and individuals being parodied. (I happen to believe that Nigel Tufnel is largely based upon Jeff Beck. I can also see Status Quo and the mark ll version of Fleetwood Mac and the Yoko Ono effect on The Beatles)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Gunman with mental issues seeking revenge for his dead Muslim brothers in Afghanistan 20/1
Archie reaches age of 15 and realises what they have done to his life. Goes postal. 1/2

I think that is an accusation that can be fairly directed at any comedy parody movie.

The enjoyment of This Is Spinal Tap is far more long lived if you have a more detailed knowledge of the history of rock and pop music. Hours of enjoyment can be had trying to identify the groups and individuals being parodied. (I happen to believe that Nigel Tufnel is largely based upon Jeff Beck. I can also see Status Quo and the mark ll version of Fleetwood Mac and the Yoko Ono effect on The Beatles)
You can actually see Nigel Tufnell reading a hot rod mag in the airport at one point.

There's a lot of different influences in Spinal Tap. The bloke who played Derek Smalls followed Saxon around for a few dates, and based (SWIDT) Smalls on Saxon's bass player

And this is pure Yardbirds

You can actually see Nigel Tufnell reading a hot rod mag in the airport at one point.

There's a lot of different influences in Spinal Tap. The bloke who played Derek Smalls followed Saxon around for a few dates, and based (SWIDT) Smalls on Saxon's bass player

Yep, David St. Hubbins as Keith Relf.

Chef

LE

By all accounts every band from that time has said that most of the film is based on them.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Helicopter crash 1-5F.

1615287939529.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
His brother was a master at my old school.

There was more to Trevor than you might think. He was quite a successful songwriter in his day.
Yep, he wrote Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter, Beat Girl, Stick Around, That's What Love Will Do and You know What I Mean.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought he was one of the best of the cast
Read 'Naming of Parts ' superbly when we saw him at Sherborne Abbey. Top Bloke, it was a Help for Heroes fundraiser, he and Isla St. Clair gave their time.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads