Dead pool 2021

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The 1972 series called "The British Empire" had a snippet during an episode about the Indian mutiny. Worth a watch from the start but scroll to about 51minutes to get to the nitty gritty....

Explosive stuff.:eek:

Think I've mentioned it before but local BBC radio stations used to have a box of records to play in the event of a royal death or shit hitting the fan. It was indicated by a light in the studio that told you to get serious. Anywho I was never the right flavour so I spent a few hours pasting over the centre label of Motorhead's "ace of spades" with Elgar's Nimrod. Sadly all in vain as the station was so crap it Was consumed by other west midland BBC stations with the same brain dead content. Queen mum died two years later. So close,so very close.

Dead I’m afraid, all dead.
You heard it here first. The Great Jarrod has spoken.

Psychic Bob.jpg

Breaking news - Update on DoE...

The Duke of Edinburgh has undergone a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace says.
Prince Philip, 99, has spent 16 nights in hospital.​
He was being treated for an infection and moved to St Bartholomew's Hospital in London on 1 March for tests and observation on his heart condition.​

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
We couldn't help but notice when the scare went up last week, that every presenter on BBC and Sky was wearing black, just in case.

I remember when the Queen Mother popped her clogs on a Saturday afternoon, the news presenter who broke it was caught short without a black tie.
When I worked (very briefly) at ITN, there were a couple of black ties available in the Newsroom for this very eventuality, including a ready-made clip-on one for a quick change should it be required.

I would think any TV news organisation would have such a contingency.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
When I worked (very briefly) at ITN, there were a couple of black ties available in the Newsroom for this very eventuality, including a ready-made clip-on one for a quick change should it be required.

I would think any TV news organisation would have such a contingency.
I think that was why people were upset. Couldn't find the tie.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
I think that was why people were upset. Couldn't find the tie.

I have to admit to ‘borrowing’ one of the clip-ons for a funeral, which I forgot to give back. I’ve still got it so maybe I’m to blame although mine is ITN property, not BBC.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have to admit to ‘borrowing’ one of the clip-ons for a funeral, which I forgot to give back. I’ve still got it so maybe I’m to blame although mine is ITN property, not BBC.
Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking.

Latest Threads