Dead pool 2021

Was just thinking... 85 is a good innings then realised my Dad is 83 and currently laying 20 m2 of block paving. Does that mean 85 is fair to middling for a bloke nowadays?
I had a bit of a medical scare a few years ago and as my family has a history of dying early I asked the doctor about it. He reckoned that provided you don't smoke, don't kick the arse out of the booze and don't get addicted to Greggs then most people should make it to 90. The early deaths in my family were basically lifestyle related.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had a bit of a medical scare a few years ago and as my family has a history of dying early I asked the doctor about it. He reckoned that provided you don't smoke, don't kick the arse out of the booze and don't get addicted to Greggs then most people should make it to 90. The early deaths in my family were basically lifestyle related.
You'll be dying of boredom presumably?

Duke Of Edinburgh midday 1st March moved from private hospital (King Edward) to NHS St Barts id he didn`t have Covid before he went in he will have now

Archie
We all know that's code for the first attempt failed and caused some golfing collateral damage; the second attempt failed and the dogs were recovered; and in the third attempt, Khan's father didn't fall asleep at the wheel of the bus.

Now PtG has moved location to throw people off the scent. They won't see it coming, whatever it is he has planned.

Duke Of Edinburgh midday 1st March moved from private hospital (King Edward) to NHS St Barts id he didn`t have Covid before he went in he will have now

Archie
Back when George V snuffed it, his death announcement was delayed so the news was in the 'quality' papers.

His physicians, led by Lord Dawson of Penn... admitted in the diary that he hastened the King's death by injecting him, after 11.00 p.m., with two consecutive lethal injections: 3/4 of a grain of morphine followed shortly afterwards by a grain of cocaine. Dawson wrote that he acted to preserve the King's dignity, to prevent further strain on the family, and so that the King's death at 11:55 p.m. could be announced in the morning edition of The Times newspaper rather than "less appropriate ... evening journals"

Maybe Buck House is doing the same ... timing the death notice to coincide with deadlines for next Hello magazine?
Or to ensure it doesn't interfere with Strictly Come Dancing, or something similar?

Or to time it so it fecks up the ginge and minge Oprah interview
Is that on the level? Mr. & Mrs. Merkle have a celebrity tell-all interview scheduled in front of that pompous heffalump Oprah? I'm sure it wasn't his idea.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Back when George V snuffed it, his death announcement was delayed so the news was in the 'quality' papers.

His physicians, led by Lord Dawson of Penn... admitted in the diary that he hastened the King's death by injecting him, after 11.00 p.m., with two consecutive lethal injections: 3/4 of a grain of morphine followed shortly afterwards by a grain of cocaine. Dawson wrote that he acted to preserve the King's dignity, to prevent further strain on the family, and so that the King's death at 11:55 p.m. could be announced in the morning edition of The Times newspaper rather than "less appropriate ... evening journals"

Maybe Buck House is doing the same ... timing the death notice to coincide with deadlines for next Hello magazine?
Or to ensure it doesn't interfere with Strictly Come Dancing, or something similar?
I just hope they are not keeping the poor bugger going artificially just so he makes 100 not out!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Good point.
I also bet certain govt departments have a shedload of 'bad news' press releases, which will be sent out as soon as Phil snuffs it.
Bound not to make the papers, right?
Why buy a paper when you have Arrse.?
Oh more bad news Ian St John great footballer of the past has passed away, really sad, I mentioned this on the Liverpool thread as he played for them in the 60’s.
The St and Greavsie show was a great Saturday afternoon football show and in recent times I never thought Greavsie would go on longer than the St.
RIP.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I just hope they are not keeping the poor bugger going artificially just so he makes 100 not out!
Can’t we ge @jarrod248 to have a butchers, maybe just pop in and take his blood pressure?
He could then report first hand on what the situation is.

Why buy a paper when you have Arrse.?
Oh more bad news Ian St John great footballer of the past has passed away, really sad, I mentioned this on the Liverpool thread as he played for them in the 60’s.
The St and Greavsie show was a great Saturday afternoon football show and in recent times I never thought Greavsie would go on longer than the St.
RIP.
RIP Saint.

Classic Saint & Greavsie previewing the crucial must-not-lose Poland England qualifier in 1989.

"England's hotel? I thought it was Lineker's house!"

Latest Threads