Dead pool 2021

Corrie's token dodgy cockney. A much younger version pops up quite a lot in old Brit b&w film.
Was just thinking... 85 is a good innings then realised my Dad is 83 and currently laying 20 m2 of block paving. Does that mean 85 is fair to middling for a bloke nowadays?

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Glen Roeder ex footballer and had a coaching role with England under Glenn Hoddle has passed away at the age of 65 after a battle with brain cancer. By all accounts was a decent chap. RIP.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Glen Roeder ex footballer and had a coaching role with England under Glenn Hoddle has passed away at the age of 65 after a battle with brain cancer. By all accounts was a decent chap. RIP.
And ex West Ham manager. Not a very good one. Very sad if true though. By all accounts a nice fella.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And ex West Ham manager. Not a very good one. Very sad if true though. By all accounts a nice fella.
Yes a bit of a “journey man” when it came to managerial roles, an early age as well, it gets worrying when footballers who were a few years older or about the same age as yourself are starting to die.
Peter Lorimer in a hospice so expect to see some more bad news in the days to come, he was a great player back in the 70’s, the commentator “AND LORIMER, 1-0”. he had a shot on him to match Bobby Charlton.

Peter Lorimer in a hospice so expect to see some more bad news in the days to come, he was a great player back in the 70’s, the commentator “AND LORIMER, 1-0”. he had a shot on him to match Bobby Charlton.
Pity a certain French referee didn't agree in the European Cup final

Wonder if, as people of that generation breathe their last, we'll begin to find out the truth about certain "interesting" decisions?

The team he managed to get relegated was brilliant

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Pity a certain French referee didn't agree in the European Cup final

Wonder if, as people of that generation breathe their last, we'll begin to find out the truth about certain "interesting" decisions?
I remember that, but as a Man Utd fan I wasn’t too upset, it was pretty scandalous though and Leeds should have won it.

Great Train Robber?