Dead pool 2021

BBC again. This time calling an IRA terrorist "an IRA veteran."

As was pointed out online, was Bin Laden etc one too? The tweet and story has disappeared but here's some of it:

BBC forced into grovelling climbdown after calling IRA terrorist a 'veteran' (thesun.co.uk)

This is the article re-edited:

Covid-19: Police investigate potential breaches at republican funeral - BBC News

"This story was amended on 27 January 2021 to remove the phrase 'IRA veteran'. Whilst referring to Mr McCourt's long history in republicanism, we accept the phrase was open to misinterpretation."
already done

I suspect an entry to the Pool before too long.

'Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the Proud Boys extremist group, has a past as an informer for federal and local law enforcement, repeatedly working undercover for investigators after he was arrested in 2012, according to a former prosecutor and a transcript of a 2014 federal court proceeding obtained by Reuters.

'In the Miami hearing, a federal prosecutor, a Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and Tarrio’s own lawyer described his undercover work and said he had helped authorities prosecute more than a dozen people in various cases involving drugs, gambling and human smuggling.

'Tarrio, in an interview with Reuters on Tuesday, denied working undercover or cooperating in cases against others. “I don’t know any of this,’” he said, when asked about the transcript. “I don’t recall any of this.”

'Law enforcement officials and the court transcript contradict Tarrio’s denial. In a statement to Reuters, the former federal prosecutor in Tarrio’s case, Vanessa Singh Johannes, confirmed that “he cooperated with local and federal law enforcement, to aid in the prosecution of those running other, separate criminal enterprises, ranging from running marijuana grow houses in Miami to operating pharmaceutical fraud schemes”.'

I suspect an entry to the Pool before too long.

'Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the Proud Boys extremist group, has a past as an informer for federal and local law enforcement, repeatedly working undercover for investigators after he was arrested in 2012, according to a former prosecutor and a transcript of a 2014 federal court proceeding obtained by Reuters.

'In the Miami hearing, a federal prosecutor, a Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and Tarrio’s own lawyer described his undercover work and said he had helped authorities prosecute more than a dozen people in various cases involving drugs, gambling and human smuggling.

'Tarrio, in an interview with Reuters on Tuesday, denied working undercover or cooperating in cases against others. “I don’t know any of this,’” he said, when asked about the transcript. “I don’t recall any of this.”

'Law enforcement officials and the court transcript contradict Tarrio’s denial. In a statement to Reuters, the former federal prosecutor in Tarrio’s case, Vanessa Singh Johannes, confirmed that “he cooperated with local and federal law enforcement, to aid in the prosecution of those running other, separate criminal enterprises, ranging from running marijuana grow houses in Miami to operating pharmaceutical fraud schemes”.'

Anyone else find themselves shouting Proud Boys!... Proud Boys!... Proud Boys!... to the tune of Duran Duran's 'Wild Boys' whenever they see the name?

Just me, then?

Anyone else find themselves shouting Proud Boys!... Proud Boys!... Proud Boys!... to the tune of Duran Duran's 'Wild Boys' whenever they see the name?

Just me, then?

Actually, I think of them being more like this lot.

His brother, Crispin Spector, works at the walkers factory in Leicester.

It must be great to stumble through life, a week behind everyone else.

Nothing is ever a crisis, all urgent problems solved, all the dead buried 3 days before you stagger out of your pit.

I suppose something has to offset you being such an intellectual spastic.

JAD

LE

I remember Duran x2, Wild Boys being in the hit parade

Just me, then?

Just me, then?

Just me, then?
I remember Duran x2, Wild Boys being in or around the hit parade (early '85) and on the jukebox when I had my first legal pint in The Hasome Cab pub in York. Had been living in the city for 6 months prior building myself up slowly with underage drinking. Obviously older folk would shuffle to the bar for me.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That is the trouble with 'Stars' - if they die young then they are known by many; if they live long and retire then not so much. It is easy to say "Who" and for many of the so-called stars of rappers and influencers that would be fair, but those who have had a decent career but retired, well again, not so much so.

Kirkz

LE
That is the trouble with 'Stars' - if they die young then they are known by many; if they live long and retire then not so much. It is easy to say "Who" and for many of the so-called stars of rappers and influencers that would be fair, but those who have had a decent career but retired, well again, not so much so.
I've never heard of the Mary Tyler Moore show either, is it more Septic shite?

Kirkz

LE
It is A spin off from the Dick van dyke show, she played his wife. 1961-1966

MTM show ran from 1970-1977.
So I was right, Mary Tyler More Septic Shite Show.

Kirkz

LE
Yep, seen it but it was quite a while ago.
She played Frau Blucher! <Horses neighing in alarm>
And was a regular in a lot of Mel Brooks movies.

Latest Threads