Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead pool 2021

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Famous hostage.

I got the impression from his television interview on the Iranian Embassy Siege that he felt guilty, or even cowardly, for faking illness to get out. Yet in his position, a journalist and trained observer, who could get vital information out to the authorities, who wouldn't do it?

BBC News - Chris Cramer: Tributes paid after former BBC and CNN journalist dies aged 73

He had a sign with a noose on it above the bar saying No Hanging Around The Bar.
He wouldn't talk about his past profession though.
I met the St Kitts and Nevis hangman. He isn’t a particularly busy chap; his last work was over a decade ago. So he spends his days walking around the cruise ship terminal with a bucket of aloe vera leaves offering massages to fat American tourists. None of them have a clue.

He’s a haunted and traumatised man. Mind you, the size of some of the American women he massages might be the reason.

Why isn't there a groan or an oh for fucks sake button?
25C44ACF-0D7B-42B5-B10A-D66E608408AF.jpeg
Just for your use.

He had a sign with a noose on it above the bar saying No Hanging Around The Bar.
He wouldn't talk about his past profession though.
Sitting on my drive. I'll get round to watching it one day...

It's interesting enough to watch, but don't assume that it is accurate; even the title is a misnomer - far from being "The Last Hangman", Albert resigned from the Home Office List in 1956 when there were still 9 years worth of judicial executions to come.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer

It's a good story and well told.

Ending left you swinging, mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be more comfortable to go inside to watch it. Bit cold for sitting on the drive for a bit of tellybox.
Did see that one coming :D. Was gonna put SSD but no doubt I'd have got questions for that!

BBC News - Talented but flawed producer Phil Spector dies aged 81

BBC apologises for Phil Spector death headline​

The BBC has apologised for the original headline in its reporting of the death of the convicted murderer Phil Spector.
The first version on the breaking news story on the BBC News website carried the headline: "Talented but flawed producer Phil Spector dies aged 81".​
The BBC said the headline "did not meet our editorial standards".​
The text was quickly changed to: "Pop producer jailed for murder dies at 81."​

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Might be more comfortable to go inside to watch it. Bit cold for sitting on the drive for a bit of tellybox.
His autobiography is a very good read, starts from his childhood.