Dead pool 2021

I've never agreed with the decades long Death Row jailing of these people in the USA
Either top them within a few months to process appeals, or stop executions entirely and commit them all to whole of life.
Either way to society at large, they become as dead.
Never the less. mad or not, it came as no surprise that bitch got the jab.
When asked for any last words, she said "No".
Little wonder...there were none.
There are two people in her case with a living life sentence.
The husband, and the child...now adult.
I would not be surprised if she felt glad to see an end to it.
Better dead & gone than live a daily death behind bars like a lab rat till death.
Agree with you on this. I think that there is little or no difference between the number of innocent people executed under the American system of extended stays on death row and the British system of three Sundays between conviction and execution.

However although I regard the American system as cruel and unusual punishment for the condemned, it is also a cruel and unusual punishment for the family of the victims. If you relatives murderer gets executed or reprieved a month after sentence at least you are able to get on with life knowing that it is over. If you have to wait 15 or 20 years, get several execution dates that are changed, often at the very last minute, then the family can just be stuck in limbo.

That’s what I read, and the lefty liberal bunch say she was mentally ill and shouldn’t be executed.
Well she got off easy with an injection, she planned that appalling crime, befriending the victim, calling at her house and then committing one of the worse murders I can think of. The victims family must think of that every day,
Can you imagine the scene? Awful.

And they have topped another one who really shouldn’t have been executed the poor innocent little lamb(said with tongue firmly in cheek)

Mrs S and I are wondering why the killer got life, while this guy got the needle.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Mrs S and I are wondering why the killer got life, while this guy got the needle.
They do deals, I read somewhere that the trigger man was under duress from the ringleader who ordered the killing, (well that was his story).
They make plea bargains, trigger man spoke up got his story out and I think he pleaded guilty and gave evidence against the chap who was executed.
Scratch my back I’ll scratch yours, mind you, you are still in for a long itch, sorry stretch.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Agree with you on this. I think that there is little or no difference between the number of innocent people executed under the American system of extended stays on death row and the British system of three Sundays between conviction and execution.

However although I regard the American system as cruel and unusual punishment for the condemned, it is also a cruel and unusual punishment for the family of the victims. If you relatives murderer gets executed or reprieved a month after sentence at least you are able to get on with life knowing that it is over. If you have to wait 15 or 20 years, get several execution dates that are changed, often at the very last minute, then the family can just be stuck in limbo.
At least the families of the victims get tickets to the event. :number1:
I wonder if they get mileage allowance as well?

Kirkz

LE
did he have a sign hanging outside ??
sorry I had to ask
He had a sign with a noose on it above the bar saying No Hanging Around The Bar.
He wouldn't talk about his past profession though.

Latest Threads