Dead Pool 2020

I'm not sure what stuff you read, obviously but Flashman aside GMF has written 2 excellent books which anybody who has served would in all likehood enjoy
Quartered as referred to earlier, and the McAuslan series, if on your travels you see any of them going cheap, try it.
The first two McAuslan books certainly, the third seemed like it was written with an eye to being serialised as a BBC Sunday evening light drama.

Eh, No it's not! It is about his time as a conscript in Burma during the later stages of WW2 before being sent to an officer candidate school in India.
The tales of his experiences at WOSB were I feel sure typical ... but he sailed through ... Hi Hi .

For those who may be interested " Quartered Safe " is currently on Amazon / Kindle for 99p ...

Sad to hear Steve Priest, original bass player with Sweet passed away today. Thought of by many as a Glam pop band, Sweet could actually rock hard when the shackles were off and were an excellent live band - still going strong with surviving member, guitarist Andy Scott.
RIP.

Kirkz

LE
Ricky Valance (84) says “Tell Laura I Love Heraaaaargh uh”.

Singer Ricky Valance dies aged 84

Welsh singer Ricky Valance has died at the age of 84, his agent has confirmed.​
Valance, who was born David Spencer, became the first Welshman to have a solo UK Number One hit with the song Tell Laura I Love Her in 1960.​
The singer was born in Ynysddu, now in Caerphilly county, and joined the RAF aged 17 before going into the music business.​
His agent said he had been diagnosed with dementia and had been in hospital since before the start of lockdown.​
R.I.P Ricky Valance.

Ricky Valance (84) says “Tell Laura I Love Heraaaaargh uh”.

Singer Ricky Valance dies aged 84

Welsh singer Ricky Valance has died at the age of 84, his agent has confirmed.​
Valance, who was born David Spencer, became the first Welshman to have a solo UK Number One hit with the song Tell Laura I Love Her in 1960.​
The singer was born in Ynysddu, now in Caerphilly county, and joined the RAF aged 17 before going into the music business.​
His agent said he had been diagnosed with dementia and had been in hospital since before the start of lockdown.​
R.I.P Ricky Valance.
Goodness, his 'choon' bimbles around in my head still. Besides the title, I recall.......

" He drove his car to the stockrace that day, he was the youngest driver driver there.
The crowds roared as they started the race, down the deadly track they drove at a deadly pace "........

I've not Googled that, by the way. RIP Ricky.

Last edited:
Goodness, his 'choon' bimbles around in my head still now. Besides the title, I recall.......

" He drove his car to the stockrace that day, he was the youngest driver driver that day.
The crowds roared as they started the race, down the deadly track they drove at a deadly pace "........

I've not Googled that, by the way. RIP Ricky.
Of course, the 'choon' enjoyed a certain notoriety by virtue of being banned by the BBC from its playlists. The Beeb didn’t do teenage tragedy songs and that virtually guaranteed its popularity amongst teenagers.

Over one million sales and at Number 1 for three weeks.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Ynysddu?

Ok, a phonetic spelling, or a pronuciation guide, please
Dd says 'th'
Yn says 'in'
So Inthoo.

From north wales pronunciation. South may well differ.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer