Dead Pool 2020

William Frankland. A unexpected twin, immunologist and sportsman.

Born 1912. Survived Singapore 1942 to 1945. Responsible for ensuring that hayfever sufferers get a daily pollen count. Argued with Alexander Fleming that penicillin might cause allergic reactions in certain people. Tested anti venom on himself. Still publishing papers and appearing as an expert witness aged over 100.

He wasn't mentioned on mainstream news and his obituary appears below a second-rate comedian's in today's Telegraph.

Farewell, most excellent of gentlemen, and thank you.
I was about to say, “what, again” as he died quite early yesterday but as you say, it was not well publicised. The MSM couldn’t fit it in yesterday amongst all the 'We are all going to die’ doom & gloom.

I saw it in Death List Yesterday.

A remarkable life indeed. RIP William Frankland.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I was about to say, “what, again” as he died quite early yesterday but as you say, it was not well publicised. The MSM couldn’t fit it in yesterday amongst all the 'We are all going to die’ doom & gloom.

I saw it in Death List Yesterday.

A remarkable life indeed. RIP William Frankland.
I heard him speaking in a radio interview about his arrival in Singapore. Two doctors, two hospitals needing doctors. They tossed a coin. His oppo got the Alexander, where all patients and staff were bayonetted by the invading Japanese.

Born 1912. Survived Singapore 1942 to 1945. Responsible for ensuring that hayfever sufferers get a daily pollen count. Argued with Alexander Fleming that penicillin might cause allergic reactions in certain people. Tested anti venom on himself. Still publishing papers and appearing as an expert witness aged over 100.

He wasn't mentioned on mainstream news and his obituary appears below a second-rate comedian's in today's Telegraph.

It's made it to the BBC News web page now...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh go on then, just for old times sake.
How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?
Stick it in the oven until it's bill withers.

Tool

LE
Constand Viljoen

86. Not a bad innings. Met him once op die grens - very approachable and a gentleman.

Dr Death

War Hero

A poor show by the Torygraph