Dead Pool 2020

Eddies demise was a ticking bomb:
"After being admitted to hospital in March 2002 due to kidney problems, he underwent a heart transplant at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge in 2003 at the age of 62, but recovered fully. Large was hospitalised for some weeks in late 2013 after tripping over a road sign near his Portishead home "
A bit of a stretch blaming it on Chinese Flu.
Kidney problems, pha! Heart transplant, meh! Crona flu, huh. none compare to the heartaches and a thousand shocks/ disappointments a Man City fan is heir too.

Andy Hamilton the writer and comedian once wrote that the devil had a punishment tailored to suit everyone. Except Man City fans as they have already had the lot.

Bye Eddie. I'll have your Hollands pie.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What ever floats your boat, I just fancied Stacy's mum
That’s what I fucking meant as well, considering the majority of video was of, oh bollocks to it, you knew what I meant you fecker:-D

He and his partner were of a time but sadly that time went past pretty quickly. Amusing at times but never - in my own eyes - that brilliant. It seemed to be a time when the variety business was trying hard to replace the most sublime of double acts, Morecambe and Wise, but falling short. Still, they provided a degree of mild amusement and had a talent that whilst not brilliant was better than mediocre.
Whats that old expression ; Damned by faint praise?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
William Frankland. A unexpected twin, immunologist and sportsman.

Born 1912. Survived Singapore 1942 to 1945. Responsible for ensuring that hayfever sufferers get a daily pollen count. Argued with Alexander Fleming that penicillin might cause allergic reactions in certain people. Tested anti venom on himself. Still publishing papers and appearing as an expert witness aged over 100.

He wasn't mentioned on mainstream news and his obituary appears below a second-rate comedian's in today's Telegraph.

Farewell, most excellent of gentlemen, and thank you.

Latest Threads