Dead Pool 2020

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Bojo for a fiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not that much, the most active and hard line Breton collaborationists, the Bezen Perrot, were no more than 100, and probably more around 60-80. For comparison, the total number of French volunteers in the Waffen-SS is thought to be between 8500-9000 (not including those who were press-ganged as they lived in Alsace and Lorraine).

Thanks for that,my Mum comes from the Treguier area. Although not affected by those ''patriots'' i found that very interesting indeed. :)

The main danger the Breton collaborationists presented was that they could infiltrate Résistance movements. And that they did.
Near my Mum's house there was a massacre involving the resistance and the Germans around August 1944.
It was at a place called Crech M'aout the German occupied observation station on there was left by the Germans and then occupied by the resistance.
The problem was the Germans came back.
The graves of the resistance fighters can be seen in the local cemetry where my Grandparents also lie.

Near my Mum's house there was a massacre involving the resistance and the Germans around August 1944.
It was at a place called Crech M'aout the German occupied observation station on there was left by the Germans and then occupied by the resistance.
The problem was the Germans came back.
The graves of the resistance fighters can be seen in the local cemetry where my Grandparents also lie.
This scenario happened in many places. In many areas, Résistance commanders did not understand the value of Résistance groups was in the Intel gathering role, not in haphazard, badly coordinated actions against battle hardened regular units. Many unnecessary deaths, both of Résistance fighters and civilian hostages occurred because of that.

This scenario happened in many places. In many areas, Résistance commanders did not understand the value of Résistance groups was in the Intel gathering role, not in haphazard, badly coordinated actions against battle hardened regular units. Many unnecessary deaths, both of Résistance fighters and civilian hostages occurred because of that.
Thank you .

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Spoke too soon, he won't live through this virus

They carried an interview with him on Wave105 this morning. He didn't sound at all frail. Far more robust than the D-Day veteran they were all over last year and died a month or two back.

Hence MI6's dislike of SOE.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads