Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Pool 2020

Original Darth Vader has gone.....

Nooooooo

Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85 Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85

He’s been ill for some time. I was supposed to go to a dinner where he and other Star Wars alumni were present a couple of years ago but he was too poorly at the time (I dined with the chap who made the original Stormtrooper armour & sculpted the Helmet for Darth Vader though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt

Nooooooo

Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85 Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85

He’s been ill for some time. I was supposed to go to a dinner where he and other Star Wars alumni were present a couple of years ago but he was too poorly at the time (I dined with the chap who made the original Stormtrooper armour & sculpted the Helmet for Darth Vader though)

I met Dave a few times and once spent a week with him driving around Europe in a minibus.

A genuinely nice guy. RIP.

Nooooooo

The Green Cross Code man is dead?

Noooooooooo.

M u s t r e s i s t m u s t r e s i s t

1606641351312.png

Wonder if he gave in to the temptation of seeing how his light sabre worked ?

Nooooooo

The Force wasn't with him.

Nooooooo

I find his lack of vital signs disturbing.

Won't somebody please think of the children?
As a child, I did meet Prowse as he was touring schools in his role as the Green Cross Code Man. Being from a good school (Protestant Glasgow) we weren't really interested in a muscly man in a tight green and white outfit, but he had this little trick he would do to children that wouldn't be allowed anymore. If you shook his hand, his thumb would press on a pressure point on top of your hand and you'd get a shock of pain. Now, being seven-year old sadists, we hurried to queue up to meet him. We all enjoyed that for some reason.

If you shook his hand, his thumb would press on a pressure point on top of your hand and you'd get a shock of pain. Now, being seven-year old sadists, we hurried to queue up to meet him. We all enjoyed that for some reason.
So you thought you were sadists, but were actually masochists. Pah, the educational standards of Weegie infants!

That’s a shame. Always remember the clip of him as Vader speaking with a Brissle accent before James Earl Jones voice was dubbed over.
RIP Dave.

pc flaps

War Hero
RIP Dave Prowse. I'll always treasure his appearance in Hitchikers as Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard. His Brissle accent comes right out when he lifts Ford Prefect off the floor.

Supposedly Douglas Adams based Disaster Area on Pink Floyd

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
RIP Dave Prowse. I'll always treasure his appearance in Hitchikers as Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard. His Brissle accent comes right out when he lifts Ford Prefect off the floor.

Supposedly Douglas Adams based Disaster Area on Pink Floyd
Not surprised. They let him on stage with them at a gig somewhere long ago in a galaxy far... Wait wrong franchise.

Edit.

Last edited:

Latest Threads