Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Pool 2020

Maradona gone?

Such a shame.

I loved "Holiday" and "Like A Virgin" was sublime.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Stand by for sycophantic wailing and gnashing of teeth from the footballing world.

“I knew it was my hand,” he said. “It wasn’t my plan but the action happened so fast that the linesman didn’t see me putting my hand in. The referee looked at me and he said: ‘Goal.’

“It was a nice feeling like some sort of symbolic revenge against the English.”

He was a cheat who couldn't handle the fame his talent bought him. He died a fat coke head. No loss to the sporting world.

Stand by for sycophantic wailing and gnashing of teeth from the footballing world.

“I knew it was my hand,” he said. “It wasn’t my plan but the action happened so fast that the linesman didn’t see me putting my hand in. The referee looked at me and he said: ‘Goal.’

He was a cheat who couldn't handle the fame his talent bought him. He died a fat coke head. No loss to the sporting world.
That last line, it should be part of every obituary for him.

Standby Linekers' media presence increasing by 220% in 3-2-1...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

You say that but watching Sky news, it seems a bit different what with all of the sycophancy going on!

Hamish MacInnes aged 90, Scottish mountaineer, explorer, mountain search and rescuer, author and mountain safety advisor to a number of major films. Designer of first all metal ice axe and inventor on MacInnes stretcher which went on to roll out and be used for rescues around the world.

BBC Four re-showed a terrific documentary about him a few weeks ago.
A remarkable man.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Argentina's president has declared three days of national mourning ........
Right so when Sir Bobby goes I want FIVE days of national mourning. That it’ll teach em!

Last edited:
diego.jpg