Dead Pool 2020

Hawkwind will soon be able to reform:

Tributes paid to Hawkwind drummer and Devon rock legend Martin Griffin
Tributes have been paid to a legendary musician and ‘all-round Devon good-guy’ who has died peacefully following a short illness.
Martin passed away on Monday, Jaunary 6, aged 69, surrounded by his loved ones
Tributes paid to Hawkwind drummer and all-round Devon rock legend
Hawkwind got through as many drummers as Spinal Tap. In fact, the whole band is a bit like Trigger's broom.

Kirkz

LE

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure. But I do know he won’t be double dribbling or travelling anymore.
Double dribbling? Sounds like he's better off where he is now, I can think of nothing worse than having to wear Tena for men

Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister was the apex of all three of those stars. I know they had careers that spanned beyond that series, but that show was honestly catching lightning in a bottle, and it's all down to those actors and writers.
The funny thing is how the big stars of the sitcom universe when Yes Minister started were expected to be Richard Briers and Felicity Kendal, coming off their huge success in The Good Life. In fact neither of them did very much, Briers had a few minor hits but Kendal virtually disappeared.

The early 80s on the other hand were the smash years for their side-kicks Margo and Jerry Leadbetter, ie Paul Eddington and Penelope Keith. Eddington getting Yes Minister and Keith getting To The Manor Born.

As so often when famous bands split up, it's often not the heartthrob lead singer who goes on to further fame but the overlooked bass player.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
As so often when famous bands split up, it's often not the heartthrob lead singer who goes on to further fame but the overlooked bass player.
So very true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slipperman Brexit 77
Le_addeur_noir The NAAFI Bar 12
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51

Latest Threads