Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Somebody just liked a post from three years ago in which I wondered if Simon Murray were still alive and I wondered if he were worth a Dead Pool punt. Turns out he is still alive, and 80 this year, so I'll take the punt.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Has anyone got Nancy Pelosi? She looks like the walking dead already, and talks as much sense as a stiff.

No, but Hitlery McClintock might shake herself to death this year, and perhaps Merkle too! What a year that would be...

Tyk

LE
Gone in a Heart Beat.:slow:

What a shame, I liked Basil Brush. A very versatile actor.
Derek Foulds did some good stuff, but without a doubt his best was Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, the writing was great, but the performances by Paul Eddington, Derek Foulds and Nigel Hawthorne were what made the series so superb. I've been watching some of the episodes, classic comedy, I wish they made stuff half as good these days.

Derek Foulds did some good stuff, but without a doubt his best was Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, the writing was great, but the performances by Paul Eddington, Derek Foulds and Nigel Hawthorne were what made the series so superb. I've been watching some of the episodes, classic comedy, I wish they made stuff half as good these days.
Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister was the apex of all three of those stars. I know they had careers that spanned beyond that series, but that show was honestly catching lightning in a bottle, and it's all down to those actors and writers.

Hawkwind will soon be able to reform:

Tributes paid to Hawkwind drummer and Devon rock legend Martin Griffin
Tributes have been paid to a legendary musician and ‘all-round Devon good-guy’ who has died peacefully following a short illness.
Martin passed away on Monday, Jaunary 6, aged 69, surrounded by his loved ones
Tributes paid to Hawkwind drummer and all-round Devon rock legend

Kirkz

LE
Hawkwind will soon be able to reform:

Tributes paid to Hawkwind drummer and Devon rock legend Martin Griffin
Tributes have been paid to a legendary musician and ‘all-round Devon good-guy’ who has died peacefully following a short illness.
Martin passed away on Monday, Jaunary 6, aged 69, surrounded by his loved ones
Tributes paid to Hawkwind drummer and all-round Devon rock legend
First band I saw live back in the 70s, Lords of the Hawk tour Preston Guild hall, set me off on a lifetime of seeing heavy rock/Metal bands.

First band I saw live back in the 70s, Lords of the Hawk tour Preston Guild hall, set me off on a lifetime of seeing heavy rock/Metal bands.
I used to love the Monsters of Rock at castle donington

I used to think people who passed away in their 60s were old. I'm now starting to see them as snatched away in their prime. ☹

Kirkz

LE
I used to love the Monsters of Rock at castle donington
Went there when ZZ Top headlined with the Afterburner album and they flew the car slung under a helicopter over the venue.
First saw ZZ Top at the Mosters of Rock and Pop at the Dortmund Westfalenhalle in the early 80s.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slipperman Brexit 77
Le_addeur_noir The NAAFI Bar 12
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51