Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Pool 2020

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Certainly wasn’t me that mentioned ‘comedy’, ‘duo’ or even 'comedy duo' in any posts I may have made containing the names, ‘Ball’, 'Cannon' or 'Cannon and Ball'.

Weren’t me 'onest, Guv.
They were shittier than the shittiest shit shat on the shittiest shitty street in the shite town of shitsville!

Did I mention they were SHIT?

Chef

LE
Certainly wasn’t me that mentioned ‘comedy’, ‘duo’ or even 'comedy duo' in any posts I may have made containing the names, ‘Ball’, 'Cannon' or 'Cannon and Ball'.

Weren’t me 'onest, Guv.

You are of course innocent of such charges, however they have been described as such in the popular press.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A long shot(Sorry for the pun) but Don The Trump if he loses the election.

But then found 18 months later in a South American country running the place (Think John Stonehouse)
Now I have a mental image of a pile of clothes on a beach, a dodgy syrup floating in the water like a dead jellyfish and a whale-like thing splashing its way to South America (though it would probably take him 18 months given his titchy hands).

Chef

LE

Rock on Tommy

Unlike @Moderator you will burn in the eternal flames of damnation for posting that. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. Be thankful you caught me in a lenient mood.

They were shittier than the shittiest shit shat on the shittiest shitty street in the shite town of shitsville!

We appear to be in furious agreement... why do I feel that the whole world* is blaming me for C&B’s immeasurable unfunniness?

Life can be so cruel.

*When I say whole world, I really mean you and one or two others on Arrse. Do you think I need to get out more? What about the WuFlu waiting to gang up on me you heartless bastard.?

There hasn't been a decent comedy duo since Morcambe and Wise or The Two Ronnies.

There's no doubt that they had their comedy moments, but you had to wade through a fair bit of rubbish to get to them. The Two Ronnies, in particular, could test patience to the limit... or, at least, their writers could.

There's no doubt that they had their comedy moments, but you had to wade through a fair bit of rubbish to get to them. The Two Ronnies, in particular, could test patience to the limit... or, at least, their writers could.

Given that one of their more prominent writers was one Gerald Wiley aka Ronnie Barker, that's probably a touch . . . brutal?

. . . though fair.

Given that one of their more prominent writers was one Gerald Wiley aka Ronnie Barker, that's probably a touch . . . brutal?

. . . though fair.
It's probably no coincidence that their egular writing team included several members of the Pythons as well as Spike Milligan. All were capable of moments of true genius, but interspersed with an awful lot of heavily contrived and self-indulgent padding.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

India walt.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
There hasn't been a decent comedy duo since Morcambe and Wise or The Two Ronnies.
The two Ronnies? Only one was funny. Barker was a brilliant comedian, writer and actor.

Corbett, no personality, talent or ability.