Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Pool 2020

Rather bizarrely, he's a keen mason. Perhaps they let him wear his cloak on lodge nights.
He makes stones fit on walls for a hobby?

Attachments

• michael-lonsdale-min-min.jpg
    michael-lonsdale-min-min.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 33
  • OIP6SJ1PLHQ.jpg
    OIP6SJ1PLHQ.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 35
SP Balasubrahmanyam Indian singer, has passed.

40,000 songs across 16 languages is seriously impressive. Presumably he knew how to look after his voice with a record like that!

I have a feeling that even this output would be eclipsed by Asha Bhosle. Practically every Hindi, Marathi, Bengali Tamil etc. movie of the last 60 years would have had Asha's distinctive high-pitched singing voice dubbed onto the heroine's part. The old girl might still be working, for all I know.

Not really my style, but some of her earlier stuff had a certain charm, before everything started to go a bit bhangra.

Before I converted to Rock Music, in my teens I was into reggae and Monkey Man by The Maytals was one of my purchases - a catchy song. Covered in later years by Amy Winohouse of all people.
ETA - beaten to it by @bobthebuilder

Saw Toots and the Maytells at the free gig in Hyde Park in 1974. In the early 70s most of the youth clubs round Ealing in west London played a lot of reggae, which is where I got into it. Somewhere I still have a battered vinyl copy of Tighten up Vol 2...

Now I have a bunch of remastered CD boxed sets from Trojan Records... :)