Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Pool 2020

Never heard of him, I wonder if you'd get away with a track called monkey man now?
Before I converted to Rock Music, in my teens I was into reggae and Monkey Man by The Maytals was one of my purchases - a catchy song. Covered in later years by Amy Winohouse of all people.
ETA - beaten to it by @bobthebuilder

Kirkz

LE
Never heard of him, I wonder if you'd get away with a track called monkey man now?
I spent years listening to Reggae and Toots was a big part of the scene a true Reggae legend.
I will have a wander down that road and raise a glass to him tonight.
RIP Toots.

Before I converted to Rock Music, in my teens I was into reggae and Monkey Man by The Maytals was one of my purchases - a catchy song. Covered in later years by Amy Winohouse of all people.
And The Wiggles featuring Kylie Minogue!

Not sure how a gang of white boys would go with this now:

I’m a fleabit peanut monkey
All my friends are junkeys
That’s not really true.

I’m a cold Italian pizza
I could use a lemon squeezer
You could do?

Well I’ve been bit and I’ve been tossed around
By every she-rat in this town
Have you babe?

Well I’m just a monkey man
I’m glad your a monkey woman too.

He’s gone to a better habitat now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still have bits'n'bobs of his 70's/80's leggo coloured plugs were a must for a stacker hifi so you knew what to unplug when you smelt burning.
Just remembered my ex threw a habitat plate at me once and it severed a light switch in a Barratt house (not ours). Plate stuck in wall. Evil bitch, great sex.etc,etc.

Peter Starkie, founding member of Skyhooks, has died in a "stupid ladder accident"

Maybe he misunderstood the phrase "secure ladder with a Skyhook"

Mr Gore , he of Goretex clothing material fame has just handed in his bivi-bag at the young age of 82. Gaawd Bless you Mr. Gore for those dry days and nights on stag.

philc

LE
Former Canadian PM John Turner turns up his toes at 91.

If one were to assign a ranking to Turner based on our currency, where Borden is on the $100, Mackenzie King on the $50, then we'd be minting a coin of him worth One Eighth of One Halfpenny, Divided by Four.

But he was a friend of Princess Margret. Which I guess is some sort of euphemism.

Latest Threads