Dead Pool 2020

Sad to hear of the passing of John Hume, former SDLP leader. Along with David Trimble, one of the few Politicians in those days (on both sides of the divide), who didn’t make my skin crawl.

Sad to hear of the passing of John Hume, former SDLP leader. Along with David Trimble, one of the few Politicians in those days (on both sides of the divide), who didn’t make my skin crawl.
A more expansive obituary will be written up over the coming week by the great and the good..

In the interests of the GFA , I doubt if the submissions of 'Jarry' and his vision of a united Marxist Ireland, will stretch to PIRA interests in assassinating John Hume. PIRA / Sinn Fein considered they couldn't move forward with his brand of politics. They bugged his house telephone, compliments of an onside GPO ( it was in those times ) engineer one of several who applied their skills to PIRA /INLA tasks.
Suffice to remark, UK military and an evolving RUC prevented an undue happenings to a Westminster elected MP.

When he was manager of the Republic of Ireland the story was that he never paid for a drink. He would go to a pub and set up a tab. At the end of the night he would settle up and pay by cheque. The cheques would end up being framed and displayed by the pub landlords so never actually cashed.
I heard a tale that just after the World Cup Jack was off doing a bit of fishing in the west of Ireland, he popped into a pub for a quick pint and as he was leaving the landlord gave one of the BFO bottles of whiskey from the optics and said “here you go Jack, that’s your share of my profits from the football”

I doubt if the submissions of 'Jarry' and his vision of a united Marxist Ireland, will stretch to PIRA interests in assassinating John Hume. PIRA / Sinn Fein considered they couldn't move forward with his brand of politics.
It's funny, he makes no mention of it in his obituary of John Hulme.

RBMK

War Hero
Tony Morris, excellent reporter, former Crab.
Decent bloke by all accounts.
Likeable presence on the screen.
Condolences to his family.

Looks Like Barbara Windsor has not got long left.
Add a couple of Nolan Sisters to that...

Linda and Anne Nolan both having cancer treatment

Nolan sisters Linda and Anne have revealed they have both had to undergo chemotherapy treatment for cancer during lockdown.​

Linda, 61, has liver cancer, her third recurrence of the disease - she was diagnosed with secondary terminal breast cancer in 2017.​

Anne, 69, has breast cancer for a second time.