Dead Pool 2019

I was always under the impression that the AC lads were 'responsible' for that one, hooning a Shelby Cobra.
Bit of a motoring legend.
I recall the story relating to Jag preparing cars (D Type) for Le Mans, but I've no doubt that it was common practice.

I recall the story relating to Jag preparing cars (D Type) for Le Mans, but I've no doubt that it was common practice.
The day Jack Sears hit 185mph on the M1 motorway | Autocar

“There was an awful fuss,” says Sears, now 84. “But it was all jolly unfair. Many teams were using the motorway for practice — the Rootes Group, Jaguar, Aston Martin — so it wasn’t something unheard of. And also, there wasn’t a speed limit at the time. We weren’t doing anything illegal because there were no limits.”

BBC Radio 2's Bob Harris takes break to recover from illness[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it is UK wide, but late last year I , and many like me with heart problems , and more elderly people in Scotland were invited to have an ultra sound scan of the aorta to check for embolism
serious shit if it does go tits up

No matter, we might both lose our shirts on this one. He's looked like death warmed up for the last decade or more and he's still around.
He's sounded like he's had throat cancer for the last 40 years.

He's sounded like he's had throat cancer for the last 140 years.
No charge

He sounded like that when I first heard him in Morse code (SSB, low-fi, mono)

In the 90s I had a Xjs V12 and being in the area drove past the factory at Browns Lane. As I did so a convoy of brand new Xjs V12s drove out of the gates. I tagged along.
When we got to a dual carriageway feet went to the floor, certainly well in excess of the posted limit.
53 litres and 120 cylinders between us, hmmmm!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51
Invicta The NAAFI Bar 14
spaz The NAAFI Bar 53