Dead Pool 2019

Hal Blaine, aged 90. Who's that, you say? Never heard of him? I know that I've never heard his name before, but I've certainly heard plenty of the songs where he was the session drummer.

Hal Blaine, Wrecking Crew Drummer and Rock Hall of Fame Member, Dies at 90
Various permutations of the Wrecking Crew popped up everywhere during the '60s. They probably made a good living, but were rarely, if ever, credited. I think that it was Hal Blaine who coined the name 'Wrecking Crew', although some time after the era when they were active.

I believe that the Tamla Motown studios had their own equivalent of house session players.

He definitely was a perfectionist, and a prick.
Given half a chance, musicians are the biggest piss-takers of all. Jazzers are probably the worst. It may not be decorous but they really needed people like Buddy Rich to hold it all together. By all accounts he looked after his people well as long as they played the game.

a long show, but shows what a cnut he is.
It actually doesn't show the half of it. He treated his own family like shit, even when he was a high earner. They found themselves on the street when they were evicted from their large house in Harrow because he neglected to keep up the mortgage payments. His fast cars, polo ponies, drug addictions, cheap women and crackpot business ventures were far more important to him than his family. He has neglected his children and has all but forgotten them. The only person who ever really meant anything to him was Ginger Baker.

With Buddy Rich, you could accuse him of having an ego, but he was the consummate professional and expected high standards from the people he employed. If they let him (and themselves) down, he'd sure let them know it.

I am going to have a sneaky €5 on PMTM after tonights vote. Method and perpetrator(s) unknown.

Airwolf has taken it's last flight off to the sunset.

Tributes paid to Jan-Michael Vincent

"I'm a drunk," Vincent is said to have responded. "I've always been a drunk and that is all I want to be."

Maybe he was an Arrser.

Edited to add: That'll teach me not to check the previous page before posting as it's already been mentioned by everyone on the site already. I made a mental note to myself, it simply said "Bugger."

Airwolf has taken it's last flight off to the sunset.

Tributes paid to Jan-Michael Vincent

"I'm a drunk," Vincent is said to have responded. "I've always been a drunk and that is all I want to be."

Maybe he was an Arrser.

Edited to add: That'll teach me not to check the previous page before posting as it's already been mentioned by everyone on the site already. I made a mental note to myself, it simply said "Bugger."
Trigger walt

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51
Invicta The NAAFI Bar 14
spaz The NAAFI Bar 53