Dead Pool 2019

God, that reminds me of how crap an awful lot of TV was in the '80s.
You'll be overjoyed to know that they're remaking Magnum P.I. then.

Although I gather it's set in the same "universe" as the Hawaii Five Oh remake and so will probably be an exercise in American patriotic chest beating rather than fun but occasionally quite bleak like the Selleck version was.

Although I gather it's set in the same "universe" as the Hawaii Five Oh remake and so will probably be an exercise in American patriotic chest beating rather than fun but occasionally quite bleak like the Selleck version was.
What's next? A remake of Simon & Simon?

Thomas Sullivan Magnum is played by a Latino actor and Jonathan Quayle Higgens is played by an English actress in the new series, so ya, it sucks......

Thomas Sullivan Magnum is played by a Latino actor and Jonathan Quayle Higgens is played by an English actress in the new series, so ya, it sucks......
More PC bolleaux in other words.

No agenda here, no siree, not one tiny bit...

Frankly that doesn't really bother me, I don't think it really matters what colour Magnum is does it? And it's not like there are many WWII vintage ex-CSMs left anymore so they pretty much have to change the Higgins character.
I was thinking about the whole tone of a lot of American "action TV" these days, it's often slightly sinister and just a bit fascistic at times (the interview room in Hawaii 5-0 is basically modelled on a torture chamber down to the drain in the middle of the floor).

Bill Oddie

He was on RHLSP and sounded a little bit doddery

It's always a disappointment to find that something doesn't mean what it says:

Baggers dead.jpg

Oh well, onwards & upwards...:mrgreen:

Carmine “The Snake” Persico, one of the last ‘old time’ mafia bosses, in this case the Colombo crime family has died in prison aged 85. He was suspected of participating in the 1957 hit on Albert Anastasia’ the notorious leader of “Murder Inc.” and then boss of the Anastasia family as well as dozens more.

Carmine Persico

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51
Invicta The NAAFI Bar 14
spaz The NAAFI Bar 53