Dead Pool 2019

I think that he just liked it. He and Stevie Nicks never actually crossed paths professionally.
Most musicians like narcotics, we'd still be listening to jungle drums without them.

Peter Green was hoovering up industrial quantities of everything available at the time.
Nice mention for Greeny. He lived with family for a while in Gt Yarmouth. The last I heard, he was playing with friends about eight or nine years ago. Greeny sold his 1959 Les Paul Standard to Gary Moore and it eventually ended up with Kirk Hammett for something like $2 million. Long time ago I heard that Gary had to pay for a cancelled tour and needed to raise cash.

Last time I saw Gary with that Greeny guitar was in Hannover during 1992, and he was already downsizing to smaller venues. If anybody knows the Vintage and Rare Guitar shop on Denmark St, they had a couple of Gary's guitars on their wall about ten years ago.

1549730779751.png

The documentary Peter Green Man of the World is online somewhere. He used to keep his guitars in a lock up and maybe still does.

Nice mention for Greeny. He lived with family for a while in Gt Yarmouth. The last I heard, he was playing with friends about eight or nine years ago. Greeny sold his 1959 Les Paul Standard to Gary Moore and it eventually ended up with Kirk Hammett for something like $2 million. Long time ago I heard that Gary had to pay for a cancelled tour and needed to raise cash.

Last time I saw Gary with that Greeny guitar was in Hannover during 1992, and he was already downsizing to smaller venues. If anybody knows the Vintage and Rare Guitar shop on Denmark St, they had a couple of Gary's guitars on their wall about ten years ago.

View attachment 377001

The documentary Peter Green Man of the World is online somewhere. He used to keep his guitars in a lock up and maybe still does.

Most of the guitars that he had in storage were things that he has picked up fairly recently and, I have to say, for which I would not really have given garage space. He's still not firing on all cylinders. I doubt if he ever will now.

I think that he gave up the Greeny burst around the time that he started losing it. He has said that he never much liked it. I think that he found the 50s neck a little too chunky for his taste. I think he bought it when he took over the John Mayall gig, because Eric had had a Les Paul. Gary Moore picked it up off him for a song and while it was with him, parts were changed and damage sustained.

Piers Morgan anyone? It’s the third time since December 19th that he’s been hospitalised with what they’re calling a “mystery illness” and what he himself has called “man flu”, that’s not something to be sneezed at. I’m sure many of you wish him a speedy recovery. :slow:

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/11/piers-morgan-hospitalized-with-mysterious-illness/

View attachment 371199
Too bad. I was hoping for a coffin shot,. eyes closed,hair slicked back, etc.

Most of the guitars that he had in storage were things that he has picked up fairly recently and, I have to say, for which I would not really have given garage space. He's still not firing on all cylinders. I doubt if he ever will now.

I think that he gave up the Greeny burst around the time that he started losing it. He has said that he never much liked it. I think that he found the 50s neck a little too chunky for his taste. I think he bought it when he took over the John Mayall gig, because Eric had had a Les Paul. Gary Moore picked it up off him for a song and while it was with him, parts were changed and damage sustained.
Yes the Greeny was damaged while it was in Gary's possession and yes, Greeny didn't like the neck and didn't regret selling it. Moore used the Greeny with Lizzy and his solo stuff, but he also had other Les Paul '59s. Not sure whether the Greeny was used on Blues For You or on stage when I saw him in 1992 (missed Montreux unfortunately), it would be a turnup if he did because he was at his peak.

On Peter Green, personally it's really about his provenance and his sound on the quirky guitar (pick-up magnet) he sold to Gary, though Gary would have added to the value. If as Gary said the Greeny was played by Hendrix and a few others, it must have been popular with collectors.

Anyone know how having 'open heart surgery' can damage ones vocal cords? Genuine question

“Each day he is stronger than the last,” his wife Kristen Buckingham wrote in a statement to The Rolling Stone. “While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage. While it is unclear if the damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not.”

Lindsey Buckingham Suffers Vocal Cord Damage Following Emergency Open Heart Surgery

Anyone know how having 'open heart surgery' can damage ones vocal cords? Genuine question

“Each day he is stronger than the last,” his wife Kristen Buckingham wrote in a statement to The Rolling Stone. “While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage. While it is unclear if the damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not.”

Lindsey Buckingham Suffers Vocal Cord Damage Following Emergency Open Heart Surgery
He lucky to be alive. Some doctors still believe that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.

John Haynes, master of the cut & paste motor manuals.

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of John H Haynes OBE, the creator of the famous Haynes Manual, founder of the Haynes Publishing Group PLC and the Haynes International Motor Museum. John passed away peacefully surrounded by his family on the evening of Friday 8th February, aged 80, after a short illness. John was a kind, generous, loving and devoted husband, brother, father and grandfather, who will be missed enormously. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Annette, his brother David and sister Mary, his sons J and Chris and their families.

Read the full obituary here: https://haynes.com/en-gb/john-harold-haynes-obe-obituary

John Haynes, master of the cut & paste motor manuals.

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of John H Haynes OBE, the creator of the famous Haynes Manual, founder of the Haynes Publishing Group PLC and the Haynes International Motor Museum. John passed away peacefully surrounded by his family on the evening of Friday 8th February, aged 80, after a short illness. John was a kind, generous, loving and devoted husband, brother, father and grandfather, who will be missed enormously. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Annette, his brother David and sister Mary, his sons J and Chris and their families.

Read the full obituary here: https://haynes.com/en-gb/john-harold-haynes-obe-obituary
Bet when they come to bury him they find that he doesn't fit into the grave.

. . . and that there's a bit missing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51
Invicta The NAAFI Bar 14
spaz The NAAFI Bar 53