Dead Pool 2019

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nope.
It was a hot topic on Jeremy Vine's Ch5 show yesterday,so it must be some sort of trendy London thing.
We have two in Cambridge, and I put on 2 stone just walking past the windows.

Nope.
It was a hot topic on Jeremy Vine's Ch5 show yesterday,so it must be some sort of trendy London thing.
They've got one round my way. It was good when it first opened - popular with the afternoon tea and cakes brigade. A sort of up market cafe.

Their waitresses all seem to be posh totty who think they're doing you a favour by speaking to you. Frankly, I could afford to pay for women who are equally attractive but much, much dirtier than PV waitresses. I once walked out after standing at the Please wait here to be seated sign for a few minutes while three of them discussed their plans for the weekend.

The food is expensive but there was a noticeable drop in quality recently. I'm not sure if this was a national problem or if it was just at my local where the new manager spent much of his time audibly sexually harassing his staff. I gave up on them when they served me a fried egg that managed to be cold and raw in the middle and simultaneously burned round the outside.

You can't run a premium eatery if you can't cook a fried egg, no matter how lucky you think your customers are to be allowed into your establishment.

RIP Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie falls into administration

Big build up to this over recent months with more and more revelations of corporate fraud.

Am I the only person in the world who cannot recall so much as ever seeing one?
Nice outlet in Salisbury and they do a cracking breakfast. It’s the young staff I feel sorry for - always friendly and welcoming. I hope they secure new jobs ASAP. RIP indeed.

Bollocks - that’s my free coffee via Barclays Premier Rewards banjoed!

RIP Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie falls into administration

Big build up to this over recent months with more and more revelations of corporate fraud.

Am I the only person in the world who cannot recall so much as ever seeing one?
There's one overlooking the market place in Salisbury. I thought it was a one-off and am highly surprised at the number of branches it claims to have.

Very expensive cakes. You could go to France and get one for less, including travel costs!

There's one overlooking the market place in Salisbury. I thought it was a one-off and am highly surprised at the number of branches it claims to have.

Very expensive cakes. You could go to France and get one for less, including travel costs!
£11 for a box of four cake slices. Lovely, but they are (were!) on the expensive side right enough.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

They do, however, give ( sell) a rather nice breakfast at a reasonable price.

There is one in Post Office Road in Bournemouth in an old silversmiths shop. I've never been in but as it is next door to Lush I would expect their cakes to have a distinctly soapy taste.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
They've got one round my way. It was good when it first opened - popular with the afternoon tea and cakes brigade. A sort of up market cafe.

Their waitresses all seem to be posh totty who think they're doing you a favour by speaking to you. Frankly, I could afford to pay for women who are equally attractive but much, much dirtier than PV waitresses. I once walked out after standing at the Please wait here to be seated sign for a few minutes while three of them discussed their plans for the weekend.

The food is expensive but there was a noticeable drop in quality recently. I'm not sure if this was a national problem or if it was just at my local where the new manager spent much of his time audibly sexually harassing his staff. I gave up on them when they served me a fried egg that managed to be cold and raw in the middle and simultaneously burned round the outside.

You can't run a premium eatery if you can't cook a fried egg, no matter how lucky you think your customers are to be allowed into your establishment.
You’re right about the drop in quality, It was well regarded when it first opened over here, recently not so much.

There's even one in Leeds!
Actually, so long as the original in Old Compton St remains I'll be happy.
I like PV - I think Cafe Florian nearby was the alternative but never went in - sure it's good but PV or CF was supposed to be one of those watershed things.

Cardiff City player Emiliano Sala was asked if he wanted to have a shower before flying to the U.K?

He replied, “No thanks, i’ll Wash up on the beach later.”

Very much a London centric thing, although their pastries are very nice but expensive.
There's one in Preston and in Wigan!

I noticed that the single engine aircraft was owned by the club chairman !!
the player sent a text saying it appeared to be falling apart
why could they not have put him on a commercial flight
From BBC website:

"He (Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman ) also confirmed the club had not booked the plane and Sala had "made his own arrangements".

Missing footballer plane search postponed

From BBC website:

"He (Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman ) also confirmed the club had not booked the plane and Sala had "made his own arrangements".

Now hear this! Now hear this!

All members of the ARRSE Air Accidents Investigation Team are to report to the Operations Room immediately!

I say again.

All members of the ARRSE Air Accidents Investigation Team are to report to the Operations Room immediately!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
From BBC website:

but the papers today said the chairman had booked it and it was his aircraft ?
why would a professional footballer hire a 32 year old single engined aircraft ? most would have taken a commercial flight or flown in a learjet or similar with a company whose aircraft are registers in THIS country and maintained and inspected by UK based engineers

Private Jet Charter | Air Hire | Bristol Intl | PrivateFly

Also there is mention of them falling apart
Fitted with a new wing, revised interior and electrical system, and standard Bendix / King avionics packages, around 250 were produced. Other features include a redesigned flight deck, two-piece glareshield and a 40-lb (18-kg) increase in useful load.
By spring 1991 Piper had orders for over 100 of the PA-46-350P Malibu Mirage but, after several aircraft broke up in adverse weather conditions, the FAA revoked its IMC certification and began a Special Certification Review. Piper worked hard to clear the design's reputation and by February 1992 the Malibu was returned to full operations.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51
Invicta The NAAFI Bar 14
spaz The NAAFI Bar 53