Dead Pool 2019

I can't be the only one who holds zero sympathy for extreme sportsters / base jumpers / bull fighters and the like who end up throwing a seven. They achieve absolutely nothing other than feeding their own adrenaline addiction. In the process, they frequently imperil the safety of the rescue and emergency services and needlessly use up their resources. The rescue and emergency services should get first call on the estates of the deceased by way of recompense.

**** all of them.
Imagine if one of the Wright Bro's had died attempting the first flight and everyone just called it a day, no point in bothering/ too dangerous! It's all part of the same circus.

BlackDyke

War Hero
Imagine if one of the Wright Bro's had died attempting the first flight and everyone just called it a day, no point in bothering/ too dangerous! It's all part of the same circus.
I don't think that attempting to prove a scientific principle at some risk to oneself can be in any way compared to the adrenaline seeking junkies who seem to get off on how close to offing themselves they come.

I don't think that attempting to prove a scientific principle at some risk to oneself can be in any way compared to the adrenaline seeking junkies who seem to get off on how close to offing themselves they come.
I couldn't give specific examples, but I bet much of what you take for granted in your car has been learned from motorsport.

BlackDyke

War Hero
I couldn't give specific examples, but I bet much of what you take for granted in your car has been learned from motorsport.
You might be right but I doubt that the Wright Brothers were 'adrenaline junkies' as we understand them in the present time.
It's not like Wilbur Wright was risking his life for personal satisfaction like our present day base jumpers and Everest climbers for example.

Bollocks all of my replies were used by the time I got here

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Disc brakes, ABS, power steering , aerodynamic design?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My arse bleeds purple pi...................no, it doesn't, tough shit sweetheart!
Spit on. Would she have thought twice about the hanging, beheading or other vicious punishments meted out by her ISIS mates?

Nope. Only dishing out the pain is fun, receiving it is 'a breach of my human rights'.

You chose Sharia, dear. This is the outcome of the choice.

Not dead yet, but perhaps one for 2020?

BBC News - Shamima Begum: Stripping citizenship put her at risk of hanging, court hears
That more or less seals it. She’ll be back here before you know it.
No government is going to stand by & allow one of its (former, admittedly) citizens to get hung. Not someone as high profile as her anyway. The backlash would just be too much.
I guessed this would happen. They’d wait for the initial dust to settle, then wheel her back under some pretence like this.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending her. It’s just how I see the situation developing.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
No government is going to stand by & allow one of its (former, admittedly) citizens to get hung. Not someone as high profile as her anyway. The backlash would just be too much.
I guessed this would happen. They’d wait for the initial dust to settle, then wheel her back under some pretence like this.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending her. It’s just how I see the situation developing.
Oh if only we hadn't got rid of capital punishment. We could have hanged her for treason if she did come back.

Not dead yet, but perhaps one for 2020?

BBC News - Shamima Begum: Stripping citizenship put her at risk of hanging, court hears
Fair enough. After they've hanged the bitch, we promise to reinstate her nationality and grant her a pardon.

Gen dit.

Stand on me.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
The "like" is in agreeance with you, not that I'd like her back. I'd personally like to see her executed, then her carcass repatriated so we can do it again.

I expect a quiet word will be had and there will be a few “casualties” in high jinks between Kurds and Syrians!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slipperman Brexit 72
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51
Invicta The NAAFI Bar 14

Latest Threads