Dead Pool 2019

It was quite common in the 60s for people to say that they only went
to Cream concerts to see if he would die that night!
really surprised he took so long to fall off the perch , or throw his sticks to the audience that final time

rumours were cream had an agreement that he wouldn't use heroin if they were performing as it slowed down his drumming
Well that's Jack Bruce and Ginger gone , Eric must be shitting himself

Evidently Baker gave up heroin 29 times.

He should have used that exceptionally pure non-addictive variety used by Bugsy.

Yep, just up the road from me.
He 'hired' a girly who worked at the local bank as an 'assistant', and she ended up ripping him a new one financially.

ETA: I don't know where Baker snuffed it - maybe locally? - as the reports do not say.
I know he was living in Tulbagh in February-ish, as somebody had seen him there.
He was skint and had to sell up his horses and whatever was left and move back to the UK. I think he was just about done in SA about the time they finished that documentary.

I believe he lived in a rented place in Whitstable to begin with. He ended up in some place outside Canterbury. He had a major heart op in 2016 from which he never really recovered. He also had progressive COPD from a lifetime of heavy smoking. It was this that probably saw him off. I think he died in hospital.

He was skint and had to sell up his horses and whatever was left and move back to the UK. I think he was just about done in SA about the time they finished that documentary.

I believe he lived in a rented place in Whitstable to begin with. He ended up in some place outside Canterbury. He had a major heart op in 2016 from which he never really recovered. He also had progressive COPD from a lifetime of heavy smoking. It was this that probably saw him off. I think he died in hospital.
He didn't look too clever on a drumming docu (The Art of Drumming. 4 parts. Very good) that I watched earlier this year.
That said, he didn’t look all that clever in 1974!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Evidently Baker gave up heroin 29 times.

He should have used that exceptionally pure non-addictive variety used by Bugsy.
Perhaps he was Bugsy:???:

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
First man to do a space walk.

85 and wandering the galaxy for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Grundy from The Archers.

The actor who played the unintelligible old hayseed died months ago. I expect that there were contractual problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slipperman Brexit 72
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 51
Invicta The NAAFI Bar 14

Latest Threads