Dead Pool 2018

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Quite saddened to hear of the passing of a favourite of mine from way back when; Clint Walker.
He starred in the tv series 'Cheyenne' and appeared in several films, including the dirty Dozen. He was a big bloke, topping out at over 6'622 with huge shoulders. In fact, he should have been Jack Reacher. The description pretty much fits him.
Was a very nice man by all accounts.

Quite saddened to hear of the passing of a favourite of mine from way back when; Clint Walker.
He starred in the tv series 'Cheyenne' and appeared in several films, including the dirty Dozen. He was a big bloke, topping out at over 6'622 with huge shoulders. In fact, he should have been Jack Reacher. The description pretty much fits him.
He would be a bit old to play Jack Reacher being nine days short of 91 years of age.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He would be a bit old to play Jack Reacher being nine days short of 91 years of age.
Well, yes. But hardly more unlikely thn Tom "Stumpy" Cruise.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
what was the series he was in that had him having his sword broken in disgrace? a big soft spoken man aswell iirc.
That was Chuck Connors in Branded. Walker starred in Cheyenne.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
what was the series he was in that had him having his sword broken in disgrace? a big soft spoken man aswell iirc.
I think that may have been Chuck Connors. in 'Branded'

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bugger. You are faster on the draw!

Philip Roth (writer).

Author Philip Roth dies aged 85

I only mention it because the BBC seem absolutely obsessed with his demise. This morning, on the Today Programme, it has been the top news item and the subject that they have returned to constantly throughout the morning. Maybe I'm not giving it enough weight, but he was a writer of fictional novels. How important can that be? To many (most?), he is either unknown or an irrelevance.

It is the sort of thing that exercises only other writers and cultural snobs like James Naughtie.

(Fuck me, it's on again now as I type this).

Philip Roth (writer).

Author Philip Roth dies aged 85

I only mention it because the BBC seem absolutely obsessed with his demise. This morning, on the Today Programme, it has been the top news item and the subject that they have returned to constantly throughout the morning. Maybe I'm not giving it enough weight, but he was a writer of fictional novels. How important can that be? To many (most?), he is either unknown or an irrelevance.

It is the sort of thing that exercises only other writers and cultural snobs like James Naughtie.

(**** me, it's on again now as I type this).
The BBC are in overdrive today because not enough weomen script writers FFS . Tell them to write something interesting rather than soap operas then.

Very sad indeed. If memory serves correctly, was he not "lucky" to live so long?
I seem to recall he had a near miss in a ski accident many years back. Torso perforated with a ski stick...or something similar?

The BBC are in overdrive today because not enough weomen script writers FFS . Tell them to write something interesting rather than soap operas then.
And the BBC employs/commisions script writers does it not?
irony.jpg

And the BBC employs/commisions script writers does it not?
View attachment 335516
Spot on.

Just think how much money they could save by employing females. Two-thirds or less than the cost of a bloke!

The BBC - on the surface so cultural and right-on but underneath a vicious, misogynistic waste of money.

Last edited:
Spot on.

Justbthink how much money they could save by employing females. Two-thirds or less than the cost of a bloke!

The BBC - on the surface so cultural and right-on but underneath a vicious, misogynistic waste of money.
It's not a complete waste money. They should keep BBC 4 and bin most of the rest!

Spot on.

Justbthink how much money they could save by employing females. Two-thirds or less than the cost of a bloke!

It gets worse..depending on one's view point. According to a Sky report this morning, parents give more pocket money to boys than girls.
Perhaps from an early age, they simply seek to reinforce what every girl should know?
"The reason why you have smaller feet is to enable you to get nearer the kitchen sink sweetie.":oops:
Therefor, and excellent pre-prep for life ahead. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
spaz The NAAFI Bar 35
mso The NAAFI Bar 2
Heywood Jablomey The NAAFI Bar 3198