• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Dead Pool 2018

Avicii

Swedish DJ Avicii dies at 28

Swedish DJ Avicii, who has collaborated with the likes of Madonna and Coldplay, has died in Oman at the age of 28.

His representative said in a statement: "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.

"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."
Wunh?

(followed by) I suspect that the call for privacy will be adhered to and the family will be allowed to grieve in privacy 'cos only 7 people know who TF he was.

Avicii

Swedish DJ Avicii, who has collaborated with the likes of Madonna and Coldplay, has died in Oman at the age of 28.

His representative said in a statement: "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.

"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."
Well, that's completely ruined my day. How famous was he...

... no seriously, how famous, because I've never heard of DJ Avgas

I have to confess that I did know who he was, but only by virtue of a single from a couple of years ago; 'Waiting For Love'.

How fucking hip am I?

(There's a warbly synth hook in it that sounds a bit like The Guns of Navarone.)

Last edited:
I have to confess that I did know who he was, but only by virtue of a single from a couple of years ago; 'Waiting For Love'.

How ******* hip am I?

(There's a warbly synth hook in it that sounds a bit like The Guns of Navarone.)
I have to confess that I knew who he was too, because one of the most miserable, laziest cows of a barmaid would play "Wake Me Up" at least 5 times per shift at my local.

Avicii

He had suffered with pancreatitis and had his gall bladder removed a few years back. He cancelled his concerts as a result of it ( I remember reading it in the papers here) I believe he was a big boozer

I must confess that I am another who had never heard of Avicii before. Maybe it's an age thing given that I am older than dirt.

When the TV news did a clip of Avicii's song "Wake Me Up" it was familiar as I had heard a group of Irish school kids cover it but with lyrics as gaeilge. Pretty good job by the kids.

Wake me up - Colaiste Lurgan

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
spaz The NAAFI Bar 39
mso The NAAFI Bar 2
Heywood Jablomey The NAAFI Bar 3219