Dead Pool 2018

If there was any justice the Reaper would have had junior too, as a BOGOF.....
In spite of his faults the world was bloody lucky that that man was in that job at the time the Cold War ended & the USSR collapsed. He brought it all in for a soft landing when it could have so easily been a disaster. He had the right combination of traits, such as experience, principle, pragmatism, spine & tact. No doubt his predecessor & successor would have handled different aspects of the situation well enough, but I don't think either had all of what it took to deal with it as well as GHWB did.

What's going off here, when the boss takes his own life

Admiral commanding US Navy forces in the Middle East, 58, 'commits suicide' at his home in Bahrain
Vice Admiral Scott Stearney was found dead in his Bahrain home on Saturday
Navy says no foul play is suspected and defense officials say it is an 'apparent suicide'
Stearney commanded the 5th Fleet and Navy Central Command in Middle East

Navy Admiral Scott Stearney Is Found Dead in Bahrain Home

What's going off here, when the boss takes his own life...

Navy says no foul play is suspected and defense officials say it is an 'apparent suicide'...
A news article on an American channel recently reported that opiate overdose and suicide (which to me are the same thing, really) are set to become the two most commons causes of death amongst American males. I'll wager his death had nothing to do directly with the Navy.

A news article on an American channel recently reported that opiate overdose and suicide (which to me are the same thing, really) are set to become the two most commons causes of death amongst American males. I'll wager his death had nothing to do directly with the Navy.
Deaths in the US from Fentanyl & other(rarely) synthetic opioids alone are expected to exceed 60,000 in 2018.
They've gone from 2,500 in 2013 to 30,000 in 2017 7 total drug OD deaths hit 72,000 last year.
Fentanyl itself & its precursor chemicals are largely supplied from China - another reason to despise the regime & its way of doing business. They probably excuse it based on the historical Opium Wars...

Drug deaths.jpg

Deaths in the US from Fentanyl & other(rarely) synthetic opioids alone are expected to exceed 60,000 in 2018.
They've gone from 2,500 in 2013 to 30,000 in 2017 7 total drug OD deaths hit 72,000 last year.
Fentanyl itself & its precursor chemicals are largely supplied from China - another reason to despise the regime & its way of doing business. They probably excuse it based on the historical Opium Wars...

View attachment 364839
Presumably other countries have these drugs too - but without a similar death toll. How does the US's way of dealing with addictive medication differ from how other countries control it? I don't think the answer will involve "because China".

How does the US's way of dealing with addictive medication differ from how other countries control it? I don't think the answer will involve "because China".
We have public service TV commercials here which state eleven people will die each day in Canada because of opiate overdose. Seems rather high to me, but I expect a lot of it will occur in communities and among social groups with which I have absolutely no communication.

As to how Americans deal with the drug problem, they seem to have a 'supply side' mentality: if the flow of drugs into the US is stopped, then the drug problem will disappear. More money is spent on interdiction than on ridding the reasons for drug abuse. Although I have to admit, interdicting drugs is much easier than dealing with the reasons for drug abuse.

The latest on marijuana legalisation here, is that those allowed to provide legal marijuana are unable to keep up with demand, either with sufficient product or adequate distribution. I would guess that if a chronic or casual user cannot get their overpriced and highly taxed legal weed, they will in all likelihood return to their local pusher, who haven't left the street corners, to purchase what they need. No fuss, no foul.

Oh, and the government has started a series of commercials explaining why they legalised marijuana in the first place. It was to control it, keep it away from those under 18 and take it away from organized crime. I wonder how many mafiosi, Jamaicans, outlaw bikers and MS-13 members have had to apply for unemployment insurance?

Cheers,
Dan.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
What's going off here, when the boss takes his own life

Admiral commanding US Navy forces in the Middle East, 58, 'commits suicide' at his home in Bahrain
Vice Admiral Scott Stearney was found dead in his Bahrain home on Saturday
Navy says no foul play is suspected and defense officials say it is an 'apparent suicide'
Stearney commanded the 5th Fleet and Navy Central Command in Middle East

Navy Admiral Scott Stearney Is Found Dead in Bahrain Home
Russians have upped their game since Salisbury.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 364839
Dickhead

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank you for your ill-considered & petulant riposte.
Please take this extra large portion of goanfuckyourself & swallow it whole, you dull cünt. :razz:
Oh dear Obergruppenfuhrer Oddbod seems upset.Have a virtual hankie and
iron your shirt you’ll feel better.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Go back to sexually abusing your younger brother, you sad sack of lark's shit.
You are a very strange person. Is there something you wish to share with the group. I hate to mention this but you seem to have some sort of fixation.
I know nothing about you and care less, but don’t forget if you’re having any computer problems do take it down to the local computer shop and get them to check it out.
Get that arm up, Obergruppenfuhrer, your brexit disaster needs you.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 364839
to be fair they have people to spare though dont they

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Peter Armitage. British actor, possibly best known for playing Bill Webster in Coronation Street. Died today aged 78.

1544030815209.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Heywood Jablomey The NAAFI Bar 44
spaz The NAAFI Bar 53
mso The NAAFI Bar 2